2.

"you know if you are going to smoke that cannabis in the house you could at least light some candles mad." aunt peggy scolded.

"what's the fun in that aunt pegs?" i rolled my eyes

"why don't you break up with him?" she sighed.

"i'm still trying to feel something, annoyance is better than numb."

"you're playing with someone heart Madeline." she whispered.

"maybe i'm off my rocker aunt peggy, but at least i don't think the government has cameras hidden in our eyes." i rolled my eyes and stopped up the stairs.

it's funny that 7 years have past and i still hope my mother comes home, every night i wait. hoping. hurting.

maybe that's why the sweet feeling of a blade in my hip is better than the words "i love you" from my lips. more than numb, less than something.

sleeping is easy, waking up is harder. morning came and that chipper adam, was sure enough at my door as the sun rose.

"good morning darlin" his southern accent laced in every word he spoke and it almost made me sick.

"morning." i sighed sleep laced in my own voice.

we headed to this lake house and i wished for something, anything to make me feel something more.

we arrived and we went for a swim,
our bodies dancing in the water,
it should have been fun but i could hear the jaws theme song on repeat in the back of my mind. (lol i love the front bottoms)

pruned and unamused we went inside to eat but the front door was wide open.

"adam i thought you shut the front door?"

"guess i didn't." he shrugged but it still felt off.

we ate macaroni and cheese and watched films, i was almost content.

adam's father was an alcoholic,
maybe that's what drew me to him. thriving off of people who could be broken like you. adam chose the same poison, drinking was his thing.
and adam had a bit too much to drink tonight.

"i love you so much babe, why don't you love me too?" he slurred deep in thought.

"you don't love me adam stop." i rolled my eyes.

"i love you and you are mine." he whispered aggressively alcohol pumping through his veins.

"i'm not yours. this is not love." i shake my head getting up.

"id die for you." he yelled

"would you now?" an unknown voice speaks up.

"what? who's there?" he stuttered

"i'm here to test that theory out, dearest adam. would you in fact die for madeline here?" a man steps out of the shadows and i'm breathless.

"what no?" adam steps back

"you lied?" the man with curly hair walks closer.

"she said herself, we aren't in love." adam puts his hand up defensively.

"were you in love with cindy, last night of course, when you accidentally moaned madeline's name after she told you she didn't want to fuck you?" the curly haired man gracefully spun a small gun in his hand.

"adam?" i asked, wondering why i felt any type of hurt.

"i'm a man, i have needs." he shrugged.

"fuck you." i growled

"now you'll really die for her." the same curly haired man who held such beauty, shot adam as i turned away in fear.

"who are you?" i whispered

"an artist of the sort. you can call me daddy though darling. but don't worry, we'll meet again. psychos attract psychos darling." he walked out the door and blew me a kiss, leaving me wondering and left with a dead body.

"well fuck." i muttered calling the police.