7.

i woke up in a bed that was not my own,

white walls and a beeping heart monitor surrounded me.

i tried to get up as shooting pains seized my thigh and needles stuck to my arm stopped me.

"fuck." i mutter, remembering the events of last night.

"fuck this, i gotta pee." i got up, pulling the needle out of my arm and the chords attached to me, the heart monitor starting bleeping loudly as a flood of nurses rushed in.

"miss you need to get back in bed, your stitches miss." a frail blonde lady tried to move me.

"i've got to fuckin pee, chill out." i mutter walking into the bathroom, and as i go to sit, a painful rip and a gush of blood followed.

"oh fuck me." i bitterly whispered as the nurse rushed in.

"DOCTOR JOHNSON." the lady screamed as blood flowed down my leg and i got up.

i waddled back to the bed as a middle aged man with dark hair ran in.

"miss madeline, we're going to have to restitch your thigh up." the doctor carefully spoke, as if he was afraid he'd break me.

"okay, can i get some pain meds or something, this kinda hurts." i roll my eyes as the nurse pricks the iv back into me and the cool flow of whatever was in the iv lulled me to sleep.

when i awoke, aunt peggy was crying at my bedside.

"how couldn't i see?" she sighed.

"it's not your fault, i didn't make it easy to see at all." i tried to smile.

"your mother is here." she whispered.

"she's what?" i clenched my teeth.

"she's still listed as an emergency contact, when i didn't pick up the first time, well they called her. she flew down here." she tried to speak calmly but i could tell she was angry.

"i don't want to talk to her." i whispered.

"one chance, if she fucks it up, it's her fault." aunt peggy winked and i rolled my eyes.

"only for you." i smiled.

she walked in and my heart almost stopped.

aunt peggy left and the only person in here was the person i've thought about for half my life.

"hey darling." she stroked the side of my face smiling.

"almost 9 years." i muttered.

"what?"

"almost 9 years i've been waiting to hear your voice again and now that i hear it all i want to do is scream." i raised my voice.

"baby, i did what i needed to, i was hurt." she whispered.

"what about your daughter? what about the little girl you left behind, wondering why she wasn't enough? i was hurt mother." i snarled not able to make eye contact.

"i wanted to talk to you, i really did, but ross said it would have been a bad idea."

"if you wanted to you would have. who the hell is ross?"

"my husband, my husband of 7 years. we met when i was in new york, we have a daughter, her name is alexis, she's 6." she smiled.

"oh, so while you abandoned your first daughter, you went and played house with the first desperate fucktard you found?" i laughed

"i am your mother, you will not speak to me this way." she grabbed my face.

"bite me whore." i smiled and she smacked me.

"get out." i whispered.

"mad, i didn't mean to."

"get out." i raised my voice.

"baby, i..." i cut her off.

"get the hell out." i screamed and aunt peggy came flying through the door.

"you're lucky she even gave you a chance, go back to new york, go back to your new family." she muttered and shut the door.

"i'm sorry." she whispered as i started to cry.

"she hit me." i whispered back unable to comprehend anything.