La Revanche des Trois (Revenge of Three) - Chapter 16

“Are you okay?”

“Why do you ask me that after every time I see him lately, Treasure?” Stefanie asked suspiciously.

“I was going to call you last night and ask you but I wanted you to get some rest and then I thought you might call me if it was something bad. Red made it seem like it was something bad.”

“I’m fine,” she assured Treasure. “Red took things out of proportion. The client was … wild, but passionately tamed? Let Red know you didn’t get me into anything. I asked for it. I wanted it.” She took a deep breath and admitted more to herself than to Treasure out loud. “I needed him.”

She was able to think so much more clearly at what she wanted in life and really needed for herself whenever she was with him - despite the fact she knew nothing of him, his touch, his kisses, his love making made the rest of her lonely life almost bearable.

Even knowing that she needed to go out on the date for dinner and she was not going to tell Treasure about the date.

“I wanted to make sure you were fine,” Treasure said. “Red had me so worried. As if you two would be so silly as to have unprotected sex.”

Sweat broke out on her forehead as she truly realized the severity of her wild untamed passion and the consequences she had just placed on herself. Quickly without worrying Treasure, she lied, “Of course not, but Thank you Treasure, for checking on me and giving me this opportunity to help with a lot of things going on with me personally. This whole experience with the client has helped me.”

“I’m glad, but I understand that you need more and at least I helped a little and that’s satisfaction enough,” Treasure chuckled. “I know my advice to stay away from Axel seemed a little bit forward, but I just thought it was the best for you and the client.”

“But I really won’t find out about the entire conflict for now.”

“Just for now, but as your friend, I promise to tell you soon. Give me some time.”

She almost felt incline about canceling the date with Axel Black, but she was too curious to find out what this man found so attractive about her? Was it really her brain?

Changing the subject, Stefanie said, “I finished the changes to the software Lethal requested. I know how he feels about dropping things digitally so do you want me to deliver them?”

“We could meet for dinner tonight and you can give them to me,” Treasure suggested.

“Oh no,” she said quickly. “How about a lunch and this time for sure we’ll both make it tomorrow at the restaurant across from Heaven’s Gate Spa? I want to swing by there and close my account up just in case Lauren tries to use it again.”

“By the way, did you hear back from your accountant yet about Lauren?”

“I didn’t expect to hear anything yet and I certainly haven’t heard from her at all. Why would my accountant come back to me so soon?”