Harry Wilson

Harry above

I leant on my desk, staring in front of me dreamily. Waves of gorgeous blonde hair cascaded down the back of the beautiful girl it belonged to. I sighed. Annabeth Chase. God she was stunning. She was in nearly all of my classes and I had never spoken a full sentence to her but I was still head over heels in love. 

I'd heard Jack Daniels was dating her but I thought that was a rumour (and was proven correct when she punched him yesterday in the hallway). I knew she would be snapped up quickly so I had to make my move. Quickly. 

"Hey Annabeth," I said. She turned around in her chair, eyeing me warily.

"Yes?"

"Do you want to get coffee after school today?" I asked, biting my lip nervously. 

She peered suspiciously at me for a few seconds before answering. "Sure," she said and turned back to face the teacher.  

I stared at the back of her head, stunned. I had just managed to get Annabeth Chase to get coffee with me. It might not be a date yet, but by the end of it, she'll be begging for another chance to hang out with me and that time, that next time would be a date. I'd make sure of it. 

*** *** *** *** *** *** ***

We wandered into the coffee store just around the corner from the school and sat down opposite each other. I smiled charmingly. "What do you want?" I asked, pulling out my wallet.

Annabeth glanced at the door quickly before shaking her head. "Don't worry, you don't have to pay for mine. I'll get it." 

"Oh," I said, "ok." 

I watched as Annabeth stood up and wandered over to the chashier and bought her coffee. Suddenly, the bell from the door jingled and I looked up to see a tall boy with pitch black hair and bright green eyes walk through the doorway. 

He wandered straight up to Annabeth, put his hands on the back of her head and pulled her in for a swift kiss. Rage bubbled up inside me and I sprung up and ran over to Annabeth. I gripped the back of her top in my fist and yanked her back. She shrieked and almost fell.

The boy glared at me ferociously. "What the hell, man?"

He steadied Annabeth then turned his glare back on me. I put my hands on my hips and faced Annabeth, scowling. "How dare you go kissing other people on our date!" I exclaimed.

Annabeth scowled and punched me in my shoulder. "A date?" she yelled shrilly. "I thought we were here to study for our bio test?" 

"What!" 

The boy took Annabeth's hand in his and turned on his heel dramaticlly. "C'mon Wisegirl, let's leave this loser to his test or his imaginary date." He glared at me again and flipped his hair. "Whatever suits him I guess." 

And then my one true love and the mysterious boy left the café, leaving me standing in the judgmental looks of everyone else in the building. Cheeks burning, I sat back down in the booth, mentally vowing to get her back one way or another. 

Nice and short and sweet for you all :)