32 - Caden

I growled again as another wolf got too close to Grace and Amelia, letting my dominance over them show. I was getting antsy with the final hours of The Run coming to an end and I just wanted it all to be over so that I could talk to my friends, tell them what I was hiding for so long.

We still had a while to go before the lodge came into view and with Grace on my mind and the prospect of these wolves trying to claim her made me furiouse. But it was almost over and hopefully we could still go on that date.

A yelp from my left had me spinning to see Amelia pinned under a black wolf, lust reeking the air as I growled, anger seeping into my eyes. But I didn't get a chance to attack.

Before I knew it Grace was tackling him to the ground, her jaw clamped around his throat as menacing growls of hatred radiated from her and the male lay under her, whimpering his submission. I was proud of her.

This was a race of life and death now as males desperately sealed a mate at the end and I could tell the protectiveness of Grace's beta blood was in over drive for Amelia, her future Alpha.

With a shake of her fur, Grace leaves the male on the ground, with on last warning growl, before helping her Alpha and nudging her towards me.

We don't know what happened to our bags because we were attacked in a blue about a few miles back but we didn't need them. It was easier to fight with out the bags in the way.

Nodding to me, Grace takes off with Amelia on her trail and me in the back. I could tell Grace was depending on me to defend the rear as she protected the blonde from the front.

If only they knew who I was then no wolf would harm us.

But I was happy. Lady Silver still trusted me to protect the girl who was like... no, not like... was her sister from these wolves who's hunger for a mate made them more wolf then man at this moment.

It was the moon's pull and even I was finding it hard not to claim Grace as my mate, but I had to hold it together because if I took her right away she would hate me forever and I would loose her.

With a sigh I focused on my suroundings, scenting the air and growling at the weaker males who came to close, Grace doing the same as she threatened wolf after wolf.

She was born a beta but acted more like an Alpha and that only made me want her more. But if I messed up. If I don't tell her everything the minute we finished this stupid event then she would forget about me. But I had a plan.

The scent of wolves came closer to us as the sun started to dip and the sky was coloured with golde, pink, purple and rose.

We were almost there.

We will win and beat the odds.

And I would claim what is rightfully mine in front of everyone.

[A/N so IF anyone can tell me who they think Caden really is in the comments below they will become a character in my book. First person with the correct answer wins!]