3

Laurel's Apartment

I start settling into my new apartment unpacking things out of the big boxes. Dad didn't want Laurel's apartment to go to some stranger, so he decided to give it to me. With me being 19, I'm free from my mother's custody which means I can be back with my father and hopefully also join the police force with him.

It has always been a dream of mine to join SCPD and now that I'm going to be living in Star City now I'll be a couple of steps more closer to that dream. Laurel's death and Oliver's eulogy about her has inspired me. They inspired me to become a hero like Laurel was as The Black Canary. Although I have a supersonic scream and kick ass moves, it's a crazy idea to take on the mantle of Black Canary's.

Although it has run through us siblings to take on a mantle of The Canary. White Canary, Black Canary are already taken, so who would I be?

I start to feel overwhelmed by the idea of it all and a knock on the door interrupts my unpacking. I quickly run to the door and open it to see-

"Ollie?" I say surprised to see him as he stands there holding a bouquet of flowers and a Big Belly Burger.

"Hi, I brought you some flowers as a house warming gift." Ollie says as he smiles lightly.

"Thanks." I say as I grab the flowers and open the door wider. "Come in." I guide him inside my apartment and he sees what I have done already to it.

"Wow." He says seeing how aesthetically pleasing it is.

"Impressed? I saw this on Tumblr." I say as I set the flowers into vase filled with water and other flowers. I then set the Big Belly Burger bag down on the coffee table by my couch and Ollie sits in the couch.

"So, how are you?" Ollie says as he stares at me dressed in a black sweater and grey sweatpants. I stand over him and then decide to sit next to him.

"Still grieving." I say in a low husky voice. "How about you?"

"The same." He says as he stares at me and I grab the bag of food and take out a burger. Ollie then takes the bag and takes out a burger as well. "What brings you to Star City anyways, shouldn't you be in college? I hear Central City has great colleges." He says as he chuckles and I do too.

"Yeah but those meta humans there are crazy."

"What about The Flash down there? You ever ran into him?" He says and I smile lightly as he starts to get charming with me.

"No but, Dad needs me to keep him sane. Sara is gone in who knows what time period and she isn't in town to keep him sane. Plus mom doesn't need me around anymore, she's a tough gal."

"Well it's good to know that your siblings are saving the world." He says as he takes a bite from his burger and I do so too. "So what are you going to do here then?"

"I thought about joining the SCPD. It's safer than being a vigilante and I have an eye on dad to watch him closely."

"Drake Lance, one of the Lance siblings and already wanting to save the world."

"Hey, if I don't then who's going to do it?" I say and he chuckles softly.

"So, do you need help unpacking?"