*HNS (Chapter Four)

Chapter 4

 The plan…

I STARTED TO DRAW a layout of the building, where I had been so far. What the outside looked like, what the hall was like. I drew two pictures, one for me and one for her.

I handed her an extra pen.

“Start thinking of different ways to get out.”

“And soon, the day after tomorrow they are giving everyone a shot… What about you?”

“It’s too late for me… I had my shot already...”

She gave me look of pity. I tore a bunch of paper out of my journal and handed it to her.

“We can pass notes,” I whispered. “Keep these all hidden, really hidden,” I warned with a severe look. “We can get in huge trouble.”

“Why are you helping me?”

“We all need to get out… they have cameras everywhere,” I warned again.

“I know. Henry warned me he will be watching,” She shivered.

“Let some girls know about this plan, only five or ten though, and only the trust worthy ones.”

She nodded.

“I better go; Zack had them hold off spraying the room.”

“Spraying the room?”

Her eyes were wide and full of panic. I wasn’t sure what to say, but I had to tell her the truth.

“…You get sprayed and you fall asleep.”

“Thank you Samantha,” She said after a minute.

“Call me Sam… I have to warn you, some girls in here will get attached to their protectors and think they love them. Don’t trust them; they don’t care if you get put in the lockdown room.” 

She nodded.

“Zack?” I called.

Zack walked across the room and helped me off the floor, though I didn’t need his help.

I walked towards the door, but turned to look back at her.  

“Nice meeting you Kim,” I called over my shoulder.

I stayed up late that night, planning, and writing. I made sure I was away from the cameras so they wouldn’t see what I was writing. Am I being too paranoid? I don’t think I’m being paranoid enough! Okay, that sounded a bit psychotic.