Chapter 4

Niall's POV

I immediately began sobbing. It was just too much to handle.

Louis came over to hug me and whispered in my ear, "Everything is going to be okay, Niall."

He continued to whisper soothing words while he rubbed my back, but I didn't listen to him.

Nothing was okay.

I took another look at Liam's state. It was terrible.

He had multiple IV's that connected his arms to the bags of saline that would help his body recover. He was also hooked up to multiple machines. One of the machines had tubes inserted into his nostrils to help him breathe. The doctors had said that if he doesn't have anything providing oxygen into his system, he wouldn't survive. Another machine emitted beeps which indicated his heart was beating and he was alive. I hope it stays that way. There were many more complicated and crucial machines that I could not recognize.

Liam's face was very pale.

He had a bandage wrapped all around his head. He had a neck brace supporting his head and a cast on one arm and casts on both of his legs. The nurse also told us that he has broken ribs.

I gently push out of Louis' grip and rolled my wheelchair over to his hospital bed; tears still dripping down my face.

"Liam..." My voice cracked.

I couldn't talk. I just cried.

You can call me stupid because I couldn't help but think that this is all my fault. I should have enforced him to not drive. I could have stopped him, but I didn't. It hurt to think that I was probably the main cause of the accident.

Beep

Beep

Beep

His heart is steadily beating.

Beep

Beep

Beep

I take his hand in mine.

I calmed down and gave his hand a little squeeze.

I turned my head and saw Zayn standing there tears threatening to escape his eyes. Louis and Harry had their arms around each other as they cuddled and cried into each other's necks. Liam's parents, Karen and Geoff, were standing there crying as well.

"Liam, wake up. Wake up for me. Wake up for us..." I said barely audible.

After a few moments listening to Liam's heart monitor beeping and watching his chest go up and down, I dozed off a little bit.

______________

"Huh...?" I rubbed my eyes.

I was still sat in the chair next to Liam holding his hand. The sun streaming through the partially closed blinds at the window indicated that it was the next day. Everyone was already gone. I must have fell asleep here. I guess the nurse was nice enough to let me stay in Liam's room.

Beep

Beep

Beep

Liam's heart monitor was still going in the same beat.

I felt really nasty so I took a damp towel and cleaned my face a little bit to freshen myself up a bit and start the day off. I did not want to leave Liam all alone, so I just began to practice maneuvering my wheelchair so I can travel with no assistance. I was soon getting the hang of it, but I started to get a bit hungry. I decided to order something from the kitchen.

Beep

Beep

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

Liam's heart monitor began to quicken and I didn't think it was a good sign.

I frantically managed to open the door and yelled, "SOMEONE! LIAM'S HEART MONITOR IS GOING OFF!! SOMETHING IS HAPPENING! SOMEONE PLEASE!!"

The nurses all frantically ran towards my direction and entered the room.

And you could not believe what I saw.

Tears began to well up in my eyes once again. But they were tears of joy this time

His eyes are open. He's okay.

Written by kandy210

A/N: Sorry guys for the short chapter :/ It's all for the flow of the story so...

Make sure you vote, comment, and share!!

And follow me and @5paparazzi on twitter: @peppy210 and @5paparazzi

And follow my tumblr: 1dniamandzarry