01

Pic in the media, Vicky in the present and from now on.

I have been in these same woods for some time now. I haven't had bathe in eleven years, so I stink. My mother disowned and kicked me out when I was 6. I am 17 now.

I wonder if this man will take me now. I see him step out and I bite my lip. I haven't seen him since I was a child. I frown before leaving the safety of the trees.

"You're the child from years ago." He gasps.

I nod. "Yes, sir." 

"You never came back." He says with a frown.

"You were busy with your new family." I say softly.

Esme, his wife, walks out. "Who is this Carlisle?"

"Do you remember the child in the woods from eleven years ago?" He asks. "This is her."

Her eyes widen. "You must be cold, hungry,.... oh dear, come on in. I'll have Alice show you the bathroom for a shower."

She grabs my hand and she grabs me inside. "ALICE!"

A real pretty girl walks in. "What is it, Esme?"

"Show her to the bathroom and get her some clean clothes; she has been living in our woods for eleven years without a bath or food."

"She is a hybrid, Alice." Carlisle says.

She smiles. "Hi, I'm Alice. Follow me."

"I'm Vicky, I don't have a last name." I frown.

"Once Carlisle signs some types of papers, you'll be Vicky Cullen." She smiles. "Here is the bathroom. I'll ask Rosalie for clothes, you seem to be her size and style. I'll be right back."

Alice's POV

Poor girl! I go to Rosalie's room.

"Rose, Carlisle and Esme brought in a hybrid, she was in the woods for eleven years without food or a bath. I need clothes." I tell her.

She hops up. "Of course, anything for a new sister."

I smile as she grabs some clean clothes and shoes for Vicky.

"Her name is Vicky." I tell Rosalie.

I grab the clothes and go back to the bathroom.

Vicky's POV

I hear the door open while I wash my hair for the third time. Alice sets the clothes on the counter and walks back out. I sigh in relief, I have a family and I am clean.

I step out of the shower and the tiled floor is cold. I shiver and I step in front of a mirror. I use a rag to wipe the steam off and I lay it back on the sink. I take a brush with blonde hairs in it and I brush out my natural red hair. The clothes Alice brought me from her other sister for me perfect.

I lace the boots up and step out of the bathroom

I lace the boots up and step out of the bathroom. I walk through the house, awkwardly. I haven't been inside an actual house in eleven years.

"Vicky." Carlisle smirks. "Let's get you in the coven."

"B-but I don't eat blood." I whisper.

He smiles warmly at me. "That is okay with me."

"Vicky, this is Rosalie, Edward, Jasper, Dwight, Emmett...... you know I'm Alice." She smiles.

"Do you have abilities?"

"I see the future in visions; Edward can red minds; Jasper can feel and manipulate emotions." Alice replies.

"You are nervous." Jasper tells me, his eyes not leaving mine. "The emotion radiates off you like crazy."

"Lets go." Carlisle smiles.

I follow him to his car. I let out a sigh before getting into his car. I fasten the seatbelt object and he starts up the good sounding car.

"Thank you for finally taking me." I say softly.

He nods. "It's no problem, really."

We make it to a building, Carlisle says it is a court house. We walk inside and Carlisle does some paper work. The courts think he is adopting me, but he is taking me under his wing in his coven.

After Carlisle is finished, we walk back outside to his car.

"Esme and Alice will take you shopping tomorrow, then enroll you in school for Monday."

"Isn't it the middle of the semester?" I ask. "I'm pretty smart though."

He grins. "That's good."

We make it to the house and I let out a nervous sigh. I am still pretty nervous. Esme has set me a room up to sleep in. I am hungry right now.

"Here ya go, honey." Esme hands me a big bowl of spaghetti.

"Thank you, ma'am." I smile.

She giggles. "Call me mom or Esme."

"Okay, mom." I smile.

She frowns and hugs me tightly. "Let me tell you my story."

We walk upstairs after I eat. She shows me my room, with a purple color theme.

My favorite part has to be the cushioned bench beside the window

My favorite part has to be the cushioned bench beside the window. I smile and I thank her. We sit on the bench.

"When you approached Carlisle that time eleven years ago, he had just changed Edward then myself." She said. "I had just had a miscarriage. It led me straight to depression. Carlisle saw me jump off a cliff, committing suicide. He changed me, now here we are."

"That's why you love having these teens around." I smile.

"Jasper and Alice showed up together. Jasper was a major in the civil war, Major Jasper Whitlock. Alice.... Well, she doesn't really remember her human life or who changed her. They found us after Carlisle changed Dwight."

I smile. "That is beautiful."

She kisses my cheek. "Get some sleep, Vicky Cullen. We shop and enroll you in school tomorrow."

I nod. "Thanks again, mom."

Esme smiles again before leaving my room. Rosalie lays me some of her clothes on my desk. She smiles at me before walking out. I lay as well be human.

I crawl into my rather large bed and I close my eyes. I soon drift off into a wonderful sleep, thinking of what a wonderful day is has been and I am actually warm.