16

2 months tonight

I pick up a fussy Angie as I her a motorcycle in the drive. I dress her in a onesie and some jeans and I carry her outside. It is summer time, thank goodness.

"Are they back?" Jacob asks, and he sees the baby.

I sigh. "I best not lie, yes they are."

"Cute baby." He says before barging inside the house.

I scoff before I walk inside behind Jacob.

"That's close enough." Rosalie scowls at Jacob.

"Rose." Esme scolds.

"It's okay, Rosalie." Bella whispers. "Help me up."

Rosalie hesitates before helping Bella to her feet. Jacob glares at her stomach.

"You did this!" He yells at Edward.

Angie begins to cry. I lay Angie over my shoulder and grab Jacob by the ear and I drag him outside.

"Stop yelling or I'll leave you out here." I growl.

Angie becomes quiet and coos as I face her towards Jacob.

"I'm sorry." He mumbles. "Can I hold her?"

I hand Angie to Jacob and he actually smiles. I let him back inside and he apologizes to Bella, not Edward. Rosalie has Bella in the bathroom for a bath now.

"I need to get home." Jacob says, handing me Angie. "I am going to leave the pack tomorrow, so I can help watch Bella."

I nod my head as I head to the kitchen. I make Angie a bottle as I wait for Bella to get out of the bath so I can bathe Angie. After burping her, Rosalie and Bella walk out. I carry Angie into the bathroom and I strip her before putting her little body into the sink.

"Hey love." Jasper greets at the bathroom door. "Hey, princess. Peter and Helga are here."

I dry Angie and put her into a princess sleeper and carry her downstairs. Jasper doesn't really handle her, because she is human.  We make it downstairs and Peter flashes up to us.

"She has your red hair." He smiles. "Whose blue eyes?"

"My birth mother had blue eyes before she was a vampire." I reply.

"Mind if I hold my grand baby?" He asks.

I hand Angie to him and she coos instantly and grabs his hair.

(Peter and Helga)

(Peter and Helga)

Helga walks closer to Peter and she smiles at Angie.

"I can baby sit when you come to Texas." Helga insists.

"That sounds nice." I smile.

Peter and Helga hold Angie for a while before handing her back to me.

"Carlisle." Peter asks, his red eyes looking into Carlisle's.

"What is it, Peter?" Carlisle asks.

"We wish to help with the hybrid, mind if we stay?" He asks.

"We need all the help we can, until we know we are clear from the Volturi" Carlisle smiles. "Esme, show them their room."

I carry Angie to the kitchen and make her another bottle. Helga joins me and she sits on the stool. Carlisle hands her a glass of human blood, and myself. I thank him gladly and I sip the warm substance. I maintain a balanced diet of human and animal blood.

----

---/ a few years later----

When Angie turned 4, the Hale's moved to Dallas so Vicky could work as a doctor. Helga kept her promise and helped watch Angie. Jasper joined Peter back in the army, wishing to be a Major again. Just, Major Jasper Hale instead of Whitlock.

Jasper and Vicky got married a little after Renesme was born. Before the Volturi paid a visit. Aro had watched Vicky so bad because she is a vampire with a human heartbeat, and gave birth to a fully human child.

The end. Thanks for reading, folks.