Chapter 10: Almost Mellow

Alexa massaged her temple before she put the company's assets statements down. Sumakit ang ulo nya sa kakacheck ng ledgers. In fairness to her father's people, their books are very detailed and clean. Wala syang masabi. What annoyed Alexa was Alexander's smile, which pops inside her head at regular intervals.

"Ano ba, Alexa mag-concentrate ka nga dyan, buti nga wala yung demonyong dito para asarin ka!" She berated herself. But it's a little boring without him. She thought as she buried her nose in the ledgers again. "Bwisit ka talaga, Sandoval!" She gritted her teeth before she slammed the ledger down and stood up. She dreamed about him, they were at the airport and he kissed her goodbye and started taking her clothes off. She woke up sweaty and panting. "Ano bang nangyayari sayo, Alexa at parati mo na lang naiisip yung manyakis na yun?" She asked herself harshly. She dropped her head into her hands and sighed. Wala pa syang natatapos at wala pa syang nagagawa. Parang tamlay na tamlay syang magtrabaho at wala syang interest basahin ang operations ng iba pa nilang kumpanya. Hay naku naman! Her phone rang and she welcomed the distraction as she hastily picked it up. "Hello?" She asked after swiping her phone open. "This is Alexa Carbonel speaking, who's this?" She asked again, when no one answered. She heard a soft laugh and her pulse accelerated riotously.

"Why are you breathless?" An all too familiar voice drifted to her ear and rushed to her heart, making it beat like crazy. "Excited ka ba sa tawag ko?"

"Pwede ba, can you be an asshole towards someone else today because I'm too busy to play with your kind of shit." She replied even when she felt a shiver ran down her spine at the sound of his voice. He laughed again.

"Love naman..."

"Anong, love? Bwisit!"

"Ang sweet mo talaga, Alexa." Alexander laughingly said. He called her as soon as he reached his hotel. He was in fact, very eager to call her. But as he predicted, Alexa's her usual snappy, sexy self. "Love naman, di mo ba ako na-miss?" He kidded. "Di mo ba nami-miss ang mga yakap at halik ko?"

"Yakap at halik mo? What?! Baliw ka ba?"

"Love..."

"Seriously, Alexander be a retard some other time kasi ang dami ko pang pag-aaralan and I have to finish going over the accounting ledgers before next week kasi mag-eenroll na ako. So bye!"

"Sasamahan naman kitang mag-enroll." Alexander uttered quickly and breathed easy when Alexa did not disconnect the call. "Fact is I'm cutting my trip short to be there with you."

"I don't need you to go with me to enroll; I'm twenty-one years old and capable of enrolling myself."

"Love, bakit ba minsan ang cold mo sa akin? Kung anong hot ng goodbye kiss natin kahapon yung namang nilamig mo ngayon." He said and Alexa felt her face flare. He kissed her senseless and she hungrily kissed him back. He told her to wait until he comes back from his business meeting and his voice held so much promise that she felt her body tingle at his words. But he left immediately after and she's never been more confused.

"It was a mistake." She quietly said and he laughed again.

"Love,wala namang mistake. It was a choice that you made. Why do you have a habit of regretting your choices? Paano ka sasaya nyan kung paiba-iba isip mo?"

"Oh please, and since when did you become an authority on choices and happiness?" Alexa bit back.

"Love, have you forgotten how happy I made you just a few minutes after we met? Limot mo na agad yun?"

"You're unbelievable!" Alexa spat shaking her head. "Bakit ka ba tumawag? Kasi kung wala ka namang kailangan at nang-iinis ka lang marami pa akong gagawin."