Chapter 11

Elise's POV
Once Daniel and I stepped through the entrance, literally everyone jumped out of every corner and hiding crevice. Even though I knew what was coming, I was still startled when everyone jumped out and yelled "surprise" to Daniel. I wasn't the only one startled though. Beside me, Daniel seems to be flustered, startled, and confused all at once. So to say he also seems to be a little overwhelmed. He turns his head toward me, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Surprise...?" I say but it comes out more like a question.

"You knew? And you still decided to came to my house?" He asks, a smile forming on his adorable face.

I smile and open my mouth to say something but someone interrupts me. When I turn my head, it was Katie. Is it just me, or does she seem to interrupt me a lot? 

"Elise...you came!" Her voice going up two octaves.

I'm taken aback by her tone of voice but offer her a small smile. She must be like this because I came in with Daniel. But, I don't know why, she has nothing to worry about.

Daniel senses my uncomfortableness and speaks up. "Uh...Katie! We...really need to talk"

I inwardly thank him even though he can't hear. Daniel takes her off somewhere leaving me standing alone. That doesn't last long however. I'm soon tackled into a group hug by Willa and Violet, who nearly knock me to the ground in the process.

"Hello to you guys too" I chuckle, regaining my balance.

"Where were you?" Willa asks.

"I had to babysit Daniel's sister again but his aunt came to take over." I answer

Willa nods her head in understanding and then translates it to Violet since I forgot to sign while I was talking. 

They start having a conversation but I don't pay attention because I get sidetracked to where Daniel and Katie are. I have no idea why but, it felt like my heart sank when I see that they're kissing. I shouldn't be feeling like this. But for some reason I do. But that should be a good thing right? They made up? But I don't feel happy.

When Katie and Daniel pull away, Katie and I make eye contact for a split second and I swear, I saw her send a smirk toward me as if she wanted me to see that. But I shake that out of my head. I don't think Katie is that kind of person. That still doesn't defeat the fact that it still did sting when I saw them kiss though.

"You alright El?" Violet signs.

I look at her and offer a smile. "Y-yeah! I'm fine."  I answer.

Her and Willa share a look before letting it slide. I'm thankful that they did. I honestly don't know what I would tell them if they didn't let it slide. There's nothing to tell anyway.

Daniel and I don't really talk much at the party. He's usually with his friends or with Katie. I sort of wish I didn't come here and just stayed at his house babysitting Maya. I think I would be having more fun there than I am here. I am having fun though. Willa, Violet, and I would go to the dance floor and dance until the dj played a boring song.

Another upside to the party was that the food looks amazing! I'm standing in line waiting to slather my plate with the delicious foods they laid out.

My phone buzzes inside my pocket. When I turn it on, I see that it's a text from Daniel's aunt. She's asking me if I could come back in two hours to watch Maya because she has to pick up her husband from the airport. I quickly text her of course. I shove my phone back into my pocket and resume the delicious food in front of me.