My Sophie

thanks for your endless support guys 

You are truly the best 

No Goal for this chapter. Enjoy :)

Axel's pov:

Breakfast went as usual. It was a silent meal with few nonsensical comments from Mitchell. He kept on telling Sophia about the end of the movie that she missed. Because of waking up too early, Sophia looked tired. She just kept on nodding politely to prove to Mitchell that she is following his talk and not ignoring him.

"The A&L company has a new offer and its board is holding a meeting with ours today." I announced as my car engin roared and I started to drive Sophia and I to the company.

"Should I attend or will I just check the file , afterwards?" Sophia questioned

"You have to attend. Their lawyer is attending." I informed and from the corner of my eye I stole a glimpse of Sophia to find her resting her head on the car's window and like a kid drifting to sleep.

"If you want I can drive you back home." I offered 

"Working is better than staying under Olivia's mercy" Sophia denied and I couldn't help but agree 

Reaching the company and for the very first time, Sophia acted like we are friends. The first time I drove her here, she acted as if she was afraid to be seen with me. Yet now she walked step by step next to me. We didn't talk much. We just said our greetings to our workers and friends. I even stopped for four times while Sophia hugged and greeted warmly some of the workers.

"You know them all?" I questioned surprised

"Most. They are really friendly and before the merge between our companies I used to come with my dad daily." Sophia explained as she yet again waved her hand to another group.

"You are the one who is really friendly." I commented with all honesty and that little comment made my forced wife blush a little.

"Are you complementing the goody two shoes in me now?" Sophia teased 

"Yup, turns out she a nice person." I playfully answered 

"If Liza hears you she will..." Sophia said and stopped as if to picture the scenario 

"break my neck?" I offered a suggestion and Sophia nodded 

"I was trying to come up with a more creative ending but yes she will." she agreed

"look who is there?" a manly voice called and the playful attitude of Sophia vanished. She froze in place. Her eyes doubled in size and her breaths hitched. A man my age with brown hair and eyes as green as Sophia's came closer to us. His black designer suit looked like one of mines. I kept on studying him until without a warning his hands hugged Sophia's waist. This stranger clearly had no limits and I found his actions rude, disrespectful, annoying and because of that my blood started to boil.

"My Sophie. My runaway Sophie " The man dressed in black greeted and Sophia froze again at the nickname.

"Get your hands of off her." I ordered sternly

"You must be the arranged husband." The rude man concluded and offered his hand to greet me.

"Sweetheart who is he?" the pet name escaped my mouth without intention. I didn't know why I called her that publicly and my surprised was shared by no other than Sophia.

"Adam." she introduced shortly but that made enough sense. It was her one and only crush.

"Adam Black." the man offered and this time I couldn't but greet him back what right do I have to act rudely to him now.

"Axel Williams." I introduced 

"I know. Sophie how are you?" Adam questioned ignoring me and I didn't like that

"She is good. What are you doing here?" I abruptly answered instead of Sophia earning a hating glare from Adam

"I am the attorney of A&L. Why are you avoiding me shopie?" Adam continued to question my silent wife who kept on playing with her fingers like a little kid.

"I got busy." Sophia hushed sweetly at him and her cheeks kept growing redder and redder at the effect of his intense gaze.

"Too busy to talk to me, your favorite person on the planet?" Adam chuckled at her 

"I called you that when I was nine only." Sophia defended and her eyes shot to meet his. Their eyes connected on a level deeper than normal connection. Their eyes connected and silence followed, just like what happens with me and her. Seeing such scene, I felt what it means to be a third wheel. I was unnoticed, missed, ignored all because of that stupid Adam and his stupid flirty ways with my wife.

"You called me that when you were nine. That's true but I have birthday cards that prove that that nickname continued for years." Adam announced 

"You are still mean." Sophia commented back pointing a blaming finger at him

"You are still silly." he said teasingly 

"We still have a meeting to attend to." I yelled cutting their flirting session and my hand , for the first time in two years, flew to capture Sophia's hand. The gasp that the latter made was audible but I was as confused as her. Why am I suddenly acting like a caveman? Didn't I tell Sophia to go and find Adam? then why did I just interrupt their  awaited meeting? 

"Axel, let go!" Sophia yelled as we entered my office and the door closed shut behind us.

"Go prepare for the meeting." I ordered harshly

"Why did you do that? Didn't you say go and find Adam? Well fate must have heard you. That's Adam, the guy I had a crush on. Now Adam will never believe that our marriage is a mere show." Sophia blamed 

"I don't trust him. I don't like him." I argued 

"You don't have to trust him because I do. I knew him for years. I grew up with him. We shared everything." She spoke harshly as if I accused her own being

"He has some wrong vibes and he cannot treat a married woman like a lost lover of his. What will the other people say?" I barked at her

"Didn't you think about that while Liza was daily visiting you, while she was sitting on you and kissing you? Or is it okay for you to cheat while I have to push my best friend away again just to please you?" Sophia yelled 

"Do as you please." I angrily spoke and to cut the argument shortly I paged my secretary ignoring Sophia's presence. 

Comment and Vote, if you want 

Have a great morning day or night 

  ♥ you guys