Mother's Plan

Hey guys thanks a lot for reading, voting and commenting on the last chapter.

I love u guys so much. Thanks staying loyal to this book even though it took me ages to update. 

As promised a new chapter (new goal down below): 

Axel's Pov:

"You do know that the year is passing by?" My mother's voice echoed harshly in her office. I woke up to Gem tangled between my hands and legs. Her limbs were captured between mine and I glued her to my chest. I find immense comfort in holding her close and hugging her. Her presence gives me this sensation of belonging. Sophia makes me feel at home. She is actually my safe home and like a little scared boy I would always run back to her seeking the safest heaven between her arms and in the warmth emanating of her delicate body.

"The year may pass. The company will always be mine since Adam is witnessing for us. And even if he does not, I will never threaten my relation with Gem. You are asking Sophia to rush into my bed mother. That is truly cold and inhumane. She should learn to trust me and love me as fully as I do to her and then we will surely make love to each other...I won't pressure her into having a kid out of the blue too for the sake of a company. She already lost her freedom for two years once because of the company and that is more than enough." I sat on the side chair of my mother's desk talking with a newly earned confidence. I never tried to face my mother or defy her because I knew how dominant and strict she can be. The woman worked for rules and rules were all that mattered for her. I was expecting her to throw a tantrum, to yell, to burst at me but nothing other than a smile then slow applaud 

"My eldest son, my whiny self-centered Axel, the one that loves money and power, the one who never ever tried to defy me,  finally decided to grow a backbone and became a man true to his age.  Axel Williams , at last , not thinking of his own interest but  became a responsible, reasonable, loving husband. How proud am I of this moment.finally " My old mother said with pride and a tear fell down her wrinkled cheek. Is she really crying of happiness instead of yelling at me because I defied her and backed Sophia's right? 

"Mother?" I asked with bewilderment freezing in my own chair not being able to move

"You , finally, admit that Sophia matters to you, you love her don't you?" She asked and I nodded " if I knew that my plan would have worked this easily, I would have done it since day one. I knew that she was your perfect fit. She is stubborn just like you. She gave me the kidney after I swore not to tell you. She is caring and loving . She noticed the little things that you love and hate; the vegetables for example. Oh, and she decided to save me because your mood swings made her sad. She does not like to see you sad or broken. She loves you and she is right for you. My plan worked." She repeated again and I felt happy I knew that Sophia loves me. She says it each day now plenty of times but to hear other people confirming it makes me happy to. Sophia is mine and mine only. But what did mother mean by plan?

" Plan, what do you mean by that mother?" I echoed  after her long speech and her eyes grew in size , like a deer caught in headlights, then her smile turned devious and she sat herself back again crossing her arms and smirking at me.

"There no such a thing as a baby clause." She answered speaking each word slowly and my eyes nearly popped in surprise. Then a loud laugh escaped her mouth and filled the silence of room. I have not seen my mother laughing as loud and hearty

"We have seen the papers and Sophia talked to her lawyer, Mr.Black and Adam..." I said back wanting for her plan to be a lie...We couldn't just be played that easily right ? 

"I knew you would fall for each other. I thought that sex would bring you a step closer. Maybe once you have Sophia you would start to acknowledge what Gem you have? Maybe she would convince you to talk to her before having the baby and you would fall for each other? Maybe the baby would bring you closer? I was so sure of one of those solutions so I convinced Mr.Black to act like the devil and he agreed. Would you ever believe that after all those years he would suddenly turn bad and demand more than his share in the company? Sophia's Lawyer knew me and contacted me the moment she called him. Adam though was played just like you..." My mother explained and I felt angry and betrayed. How can a mother do this?

"I cannot believe this. I really thought that we missed that clause. I was even blaming Sophia at the start of this because she is a lawyer and shouldn't miss such grotesque details. This is insane mother. You had no right to play us at all. We are grown ups and know exactly what we should do. You just lied and manipulated us. This is not fair at all. I could have lost Sophia in different situations because of your plan..." I finally yelled standing and coming one with my now raging feelings. My mother though sat calmly and her little smile never left her face.

"If I didn't modify the will and make those fake copies and clause you would have missed all your chances with Sophia. You would have lived with Liza forever and never knew what true love and feelings mean. I saw how you looked at Sophia at times and there was something about your gaze that assured me that you were temporarily blinded but falling for her...I was just afraid of you becoming too scared or never seeing her worth, so I did what I had to do." Mother explained and my rage suddenly stopped and my breaths started to calm down

"I love her and that's what matters most. Thanks for believing in us." I thanked my mother seeing her nodding "Thanks for bringing us closer than we would have ever tried. I am in love mother and this time I see Gem and her true colors. She is my home." I announced and it felt great to let people know of my not so sudden change of heart. I love Sophia. 

Goal 120 vote and 100 comment ?

Love you

Stay + 

& bye