thirty seven

yoori scoop one last spoon of her ice cream, before throwing away the cup. it was raining heavily outside but that didn't stop her from finishing the ice cream minghao brought despite the cold weather. minghao who was sitting right in front of her grinned, watching as the shameless girl patting on her belly.

"here," minghao took out the last piece of drumstick. yoori raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"the last one, for you."

at first, yoori didn't want to take it but she found something about the last piece of chicken really intriguing so she took it, finished it within a second. minghao snorted at the sight of her, which caused yoori to glare at him. it was almost midnight, and yoori was on her pyjamas. she had never thought she would finally let minghao, a robber, in to her place.

although her apartment was way smaller than his, minghao somehow felt comfortable sitting on her teal colored carpet. since there wasn't much space, they sat on the floor. her apartment was messy since she didn't expect any guest and minghao appeared out of nowhere, she couldn't leave him outside when it was raining so hard.

"so," yoori cleared her throat, starting a conversation before the silence fall even deeper. minghao was spacing out, but her soft voice suddenly woke him up, making his attention moved to her.

"are you usually like this or are you just crazy?" yoori questioned with no expression on her face.

"like what?"

"like this. always doing something stupid. why are you even in my place right now? since when did you arrive? have you lost your mind?" yoori bombarded him with questions once again. minghao could only laugh at her. he couldn't believe that he had to hear her nagging in real life too. he thought it was only on the messages.

"i always do stupid things, yoori. that's why i'm a robber. i arrived safely this afternoon and no, i haven't lost my mind... yet." he calmly answered all her questions and although she still had more questions to bombard him with, she stayed silent after hearing the answers.

yoori stood up without a word, cleaning the mess they made with the empty boxes and walked to the kitchen to throw them away. minutes later, she came back with two cans of coke, handing one of them to minghao. the chinese guy looked around once again, feeling like there was one thing missing about her place.

"ah! where's your cat?" minghao finally remembered the thing that was missing.

"i took her to the vet yesterday and turns out she had to spend two nights there because she's sick." yoori explained after gulping her soda. minghao nodded, signaling that he understood. and then it was silent again.

there were so many questions in minghao's head when he was on the way to her house. but when he finally faced her, his mind went blank. he couldn't say the things he wanted to ask. he couldn't tell how he was feeling in person.

"aren't you cold?"

yoori pulled her bed sheets off her bed, making it cover their thighs. minghao smiled faintly as he felt a little bit warmer than before. he started to feel sleepy as he continuously rubbed his eyes. the two of them sat side to side, their backs leaning against yoori's bed. the blanket somehow made the atmosphere awkward. since it was small, they had to sit closely to each other. yoori could feel her arm brushing minghao's.

"why are we awkward in real life?" yoori questioned out quietly. minghao didn't even understand why she spoke so quietly, it was almost like a whisper.

"i dont know," minghao stopped for a minute.

"hey, i have a question."

"spill."

"i steal money, you steal hearts. which one is worse?"

yoori finally had the guts to face minghao. he was staring at her sleepily, his eyes were fighting to stay open. maybe he was sleep talking? but his eyes were still wide open. yoori was confused of what he asked. since when did she steal hearts? all her life, she had only dated one guy.

"you steal both, dumbass." yoori replied nonchalantly.

minghao widen his eyes on her reply. it was surprising, honestly. he didn't expect her to answer like that— he didn't even expect her to answer his stupid question. minghao tend to ask stupid questions when he's sleepy.

"i do?" his eyes followed the girl who was shifting uncomfortably because minghao leaned a little bit closer to her. it's not like yoori didn't like it, she was nervous as hell. her hands were trembling.

"i stole your heart?" minghao leaned more closer. yoori couldn't back away anymore because now, she was pressed against her bookshelf.

"y-yes," yoori stuttered.

the blonde haired boy kept leaning in. although his eyes were blurry, he could see her face clearly. frozen and not knowing what to do, yoori stayed still. she didn't lean her head nor move away. she stayed still. she waited for him.

seconds of waiting, minghao finally did it. his soft lips touched hers. he couldn't help but smile, although she didn't even kiss him back. but when yoori finally came to her senses, she did what she was supposed to do.

just for this time, minghao thought.

a/n: i have written ff for years but this is the first time i wrote a proper kissing scene and it was bad i couldnt describe it lol bYe