fourty five ; last

years later.
[ joon yoori ]

it's not really... easy to forget someone you love, right? it takes time. but most importantly, it takes courage. and i don't think i can, for even a second, forget about him.

i don't even think it could be counted as love. it was too complicated to be called love. i barely even knew him. i never even knew his favorite song, i never even knew his hobby, i never even knew if he prefers watching or reading, or if he had pets when he was a child. he was practically a stranger. and i, being the fool that i was (and still is), fell for him.

pushing aside the fact that he was a robber, i fell for him really hard. i didn't even know how it happened. all i remember was the feeling of joy rushing through my veins... when i met him for the first time. how his lips formed a small smile when he knew he caught my eyes. how he walked slowly but surely towards me. how he laughed at me for being such an idiot, and i was, because of him.

the night that we kissed, i could finally convince myself that it was okay to fall for him and there was nothing i should be afraid of. even though there were thousands of reasons why i should be afraid of falling in love with him. i guess i've never felt that way before, you see? it was weird for me to catch feelings for someone i haven't even learned about. it took me more than a year to finally realize i was in love with mingyu. but with him? God, it was as fast as lightning.

"hey, yoori?"

my thoughts fell all over the place when i heard someone called my name softly. it was as if they tried not to interrupt me but they did. but i was glad they did.

i looked up to see a guy with a mole on his left cheek, smiling widely at me with a bouquet of flowers on his hands. and suddenly, i was reminded of him.

"congrats on your new book!" the guy cheered as he made his way closer to me. he handed me the bouquet with the sweetest smile, it was as if he expected a grand reaction from me.

"thank you, seokmin. you really don't have to go all the way to do this." i returned him my biggest smile, taking the bouquet from his hand. he seemed satisfied with my reaction, which made me relieved.

"how could i not? my girlfriend's second book is out, i can't not go all the way for it! and to celebrate, we are going to a fancy dinner!"

seokmin was always like that. bright and cheerful. he was the opposite of him. although, judging from the only two times that we ever met, he wasn't that bright. in fact, he was kind of gloomy. but somehow, i found comfort.

but seokmin, he dragged me out of my comfort zone. we met several months after the last phone call. i was at mingyu's house, moping around and do nothing like the usual, until his doorbell rang. seokmin, apparently, was his co-worker. and that day, he wanted to get his pen that mingyu accidentally brought home. it wasn't the most logical thing but it really happened. he went all the way from his house to get his pen back, and then go home. but mingyu, being the friendly guy he is, invited him in. that was when it all started.

and for all those years knowing and dating seokmin, i feel happy. i feel happy being with him. but i never get him out of my head. all these years i still wondered if he was alright. if he was eating right. if he was coping just fine. i thought of sending him a message a lot of time, but i decided not to since i knew his number wouldn't be available anymore. i was curious, sometimes worried. i also wanted to know if junhui was okay too. did they ever get out?

"so, is that yes?"

seokmin, once again, pulled me out of my thoughts. i didn't even know why i was so distracted today. must be because of the gloomy weather this week.

"yes, of course. sorry, i've been spacing out too much lately." i chuckled to myself, earning another bright smile from him.

"it's okay. shall i drop you off to your place to get ready?" seokmin offered.

"yeah, sure. you go ahead first, i need to clean my desk a bit."

seokmin nodded, before exiting my office. once he was out of sight, i slid open a drawer and searched for something. a note. from him, that he wrote with the bouquet of flowers he sent me. i found myself chuckling when i finally found the note. it wasn't even close to romantic. it was a threat if i ever called the police on him. he knew i would never.

staring at the note for more seconds, i finally put it back in the drawer. not wanting to make seokmin wait a bit more, i sat up from my chair, cleaning my desk real quick.

my phone buzzed on the table as i was throwing my cup of coffee into the trash. ignoring it, i went to organize the stack of papers in my desk, but my phone buzzed one more time. and it suddenly played my ringtone. when i was about to take the call, the music stopped.

seokmin would never call me to hurry up, i thought to myself.

- 1 missed call
- two new messages

• 1 missed call from: unknown number

• messages

unknown number: joon yoori
unknown number: it's been a while

yoori: so you've found me.

unknown number is typing...

unknown number: i always will

a/n: HELLO SJDJDJD THIS IS THE LAST PART I SWEAR. since i didnt do you guys juSTICE with the prev chapter. i wanted this last chap to be a surprise but it took me ALMOST A YEAR TO WRITE IT PLS FORGIVE MY LAZY ASS BUT here u go ,,,, thank you so much for wasting ur time reading this rubbish i really appreciate you guys...... i read every comment and they all make me laugh. your reactions are always funny. im happy that i made people smile at least hsjsjsjs but this is it i guess! i finally finished it THANK GOD. THIS WAS REALLY RUSHED AND its different from what i planned it the first time but its ok i guess this one was better then the planned one lol. PLS DONT BE MAD AT ME BECAUSE IT'S A CLIFFHANGER ITS JUST HOW IT IS. you guys can imagine what happens after this or make a sequel in ur head or something shsjsjs

once again, thank you for the love!!!! it means so much to me. hope u have a great day/night ♡