forty four

incoming call....

unknown number

yoori groaned as she stared at her phone. she looked at the top screen to see that it was four in the morning, and wondered who the heck has the guts to call her at this hour.

there was a lot of scenarios from thriller movies running through her mind. maybe it was a stalker, or a killer, trying to get her into their trap. or maybe it was because she had been reading too many horror stories she found on the internet.

still feeling uneasy, she picked up thw phone, convincing herself that maybe it was someone she knows. or it was an emergency.

"hello?"

it was dead silent on the other line. yoori sat up on the bed, pulling her blanket up to her chest as if it could help her if something happens.

seconds passing, the caller remained silent. but she could hear someone breathing heavily. and that made her shiver.

"y-yoori."

the caller finally spoke.

"it's me."

who else could it be, other than the guy who had been ditching her for more than a month? and now he came back, calling her at four in the morning.

"i'm sorry."

yoori was about to curse at him for leaving her without any specific reason why. but when she heard those two words coming out from his mouth, she shut herself up.

"i'm really sorry." she could hear him stuttering, breathing heavily from the other side as he repeated his words.

"for what?"

"for everything."

the both of them stayed silent. yoori couldn't think of anything to say now that she was on the phone with him. there was a lot of things she was wanted to say to him but a word just wouldn't come out.

"you're an asshole, minghao."

that was the only thing that yoori could say.

"i know."

she could hear him chuckling, but there was this bitterness in his laugh. she was surprised that he didn't make any comeback like he used to do.

"why the fuck aren't you fighting back?"

"yoori, i'm tired."

yoori felt this sudden pain on her chest. she unconsciously making a fist as she tried not to cry while listening to his weak voice.

she knew what was happening.

she knew exactly, in that moment, she's going to lose him.

"you said that this is what i deserve, right?"

"no, minghao i—"

"i know. you didn't mean it. but i agree. i deserve this." he chuckled.

"yoori, i'm a fucking robber."

"i didn't know why i chose this path. it just happened."

"they got junhui earlier. it's time for them to catch me now."

yoori wanted to yell at him. she wanted to say that he was stupid for not being careful. she wanted to yell at him for not replying her texts. she wanted to yell at him for being a robber. but she also wanted to yell at herself, for not doing anything because she knew that what he did was wrong. if only they had met sooner than this, yoori could've guide him to the right path.

"take care, okay?"

minghao interrupted her while she was in deep thought.

"i'm not gonna annoy you anymore."

"it's sad that i couldn't see fries. i've always wanted to see her."

minghao chuckled for the nth time. yoori just didn't get why he still has the energy to laugh.

"the fuck are you so stupid for?" yoori couldn't help but sob. she couldn't hold her tears anymore.

minghao laughed quietly, trying to cover up that he was on the verge of crying too.

"see you, squishbaby!"

call ended.

a/n: thank you goodbye