Roads

When I wake up I'm in the car. How did I get here? I last remembered being in the motel room. Now it's early morning and I'm in a moving car. I turn my head over and look at Dennis.

"Where exactly are we?" I ask.
"Pennsylvania," he says. We're in Pennsylvania huh? Last time he kept me someplace in Philadelphia now it's Pennsylvania

"Hey, how do you have the light for so long?" I ask wondering how he is not switching personalities.

"I have the power to choose whenever I want to be in the light," He says stiffening up.

"I thought Hedwig had that," I say.
"We all get our turns."

"So this is some sort of road trip, huh?" I ask.
I get no response. So I guess Dennis still is his bitter self. I'm dying for something to eat or drink. I was only able to drink water when I was at the motel last night. I rub my eyes feeling the tired wear of sitting in a car for a long while.

The scenic drive takes us through a few forests and some small towns. I've debated if I should yell for help and open the door and run when we stop in a town. But I'm sure it would only aggravate Dennis which would result with him hitting me or something.

We drive through a small little town and I look out the window. Staring at all of the people. One guy catches my attention.
He does that cheesy 'call me' thing. I just do a little wave at the guy. Dennis had seen that but honestly I could care less right now. We now drive alongside a green pine forest.

I turn to look at Dennis. We hadn't talked ever since the morning and this silence is killing me.
"So this beast guy. Is this this another personality?" I ask.
I get no response.

"Come on are you really going to be this salty?" I ask.
I look at him.
"You're just jealous aren't you? At that guy on that town," I say putting all the pieces together.

"How are you making these assumptions. And why would I be jealous," he says trying to back himself up.
I've got his full attention now since I've brought up this subject of accusing him of being jealous.

"Clearly you are! It's obvious-" "Dennis!" I yell.
"What?" He asks still looking at me.
I point to the window as the car drives towards a tree.
"Oh shi-" I hear Dennis say before the car crashes into a tree.

I open my eyes to see glass everywhere. Glass was on me glass was in the cup holders. My whole body ached from the impact.
"Are you okay?" Dennis asks looking at me. 
"Yeah I think I'm fine," I say. I try move. Big mistake.

"Yeah I take that back. I think I bruised or broke a few of my ribs," I say holding onto my abdomen.

"We will just walk," he says getting out of the car. He comes onto my side and helps me out. Seriously the awkwardness is getting really uncomfortable.

"Should we just call for help or something?" I ask limping my way down the road.
"No. Don't even try and call for anyone," he says sternly. Then again why am I even giving this man suggestions on what to do. He obviously has plans for me that involves me being a sacrifice.

He seems annoyed since my clothes and his are all dirty from the glass and dirt.
"You know um, you could always just let me go?" I say offering him options not like he will take any.

I get no response. Just like before it's just dead silence. The only noise is from the sound of leaves brushing up against each other from the wind.

Suddenly he gets into a more relaxed look.
"Wow, Mr.Dennis has really bad eyesight," A familiar voice with a lisp is heard. He takes off the glasses.
"Casey? You're back!" He says soon I realize that it's Hedwig. He gives me a hug.

"I've missed you. Where are we going?" He asks continuing to walk the same direction.

"I have no idea, Hedwig."

"Oh well Mr.Dennis will be back shortly. He put me in the light so I could talk to you! Isn't that so cool!" The child says fascinated.

"He said that he was following you for a few days and that you would be the one who would be able to save all of us," the child says revealing all some things I never knew before.

But Dennis was following me? For a few days? How have I not noticed? It's not like he is some FBI spy that is specially trained in spying on people. Then again he did follow me the first time he had kidnapped me.

"You know we all had to move out. I think we are going to the new location. I recognize these trees!" He says.

"How have things been?" I ask hoping to get that friendly relationship going with Hedwig again.
"Good, I guess. Im sure you'll stay longer this time," he says. Hedwig has a tendency to go off track when you talk to him. Which makes it difficult at some times to have a conversation with him.

"I hope so. Hey, why don't you tell me more plans that the others have in store for me?" I offer.
"Oh. Uh. They don't tell me much. They only said that you're special. And that you're going to be kept with another person!" He says.

Another person? Who is this person? If I am really going to be sacrificed to someone maybe this new person will be able to help me get out. And I can help them get out in return. I really hope what Hedwig is saying is true. If not then this might be the last time I'll ever be outside. The last time I'll be free.

Ugh super sorry for updating late. I was doing homework all day. But anyways over 1,400 reads! Thank you so much! I've got so many plans for this book and I can't wait to write them and publish them to you guys! And if you haven't read my Love at First Sight book go ahead and read it!

Please vote and leave feedback! I love to read all of your comments! Add this book to your library so you'll always know when I update!

-llvevo