Evergoing

(Thank you to a reader who gave me this wonderful idea!)

We both sat in the car quietly. I was parked outside my house. I didn't want to go inside and have to explain to Dennis everything. Even though we briefly went through that had happened during all these years.

"You should probably not see her, yet. I don't want to overwhelm Ella," I say looking at Dennis who sits next to me.
"I understand. I'm sorry for ever coming back into your life. But something terrible is going to happen," he says looking at me with worries eyes. My heart began to pound as I had no idea what was going to happen.

"Another personality much more stronger than all of us has emerged. No one is safe."
"W-who is this new personality?" I ask curious on who this might be.

"He's much more stronger than the beast, and we thought he was the strongest."

"Why would you put me and Ella in danger? Don't you understand? She needs a normal life, Dennis," I plead breaking down as I'm worried for my whole family here.
"It was a mistake coming here. We were just so. Curious about you," Dennis states before picking himself up from his slouched position.

He reaches for the car doorknob. Before he's able to leave I stop him.
"I change my mind. Do you want to come inside?" I ask wiping the tears from my face and looking back at Dennis. He slowly removes his hand from the doorknob and looks at me meeting my gaze.
Without an answer I motion him to follow me. I get out of the car putting on a smile. My close friend had left a few minutes ago leaving Ella to herself watching TV. Dennis came by my side.
I walk up to the front door opening it up.

"Sorry about the mess," I whisper to Dennis before walking into the room. Tiny footsteps are heard rushing toward us. Behind me comes Ella running at me with the biggest smile. I let out a laugh as I get down to her level and hug her. I pick her up and look at Dennis with a reassuring smile.

"Who's that?" Ella asks taking her attention towards Dennis.
"Oh that's my, uh. Friend. He's going to be staying here for a while," I say looking at Dennis to see his reaction. He puts on a slight smile while looking at Ella.

"Hi!" Ella laughs before I put her back down. She soon runs off back to her distraction.
"Well, that's her," I say crossing my arms and looking at Dennis.
"She's, beautiful," he says softly. I show him to a spare room that I've been using for storage but I've cleaned it out so he could just stay there.

"If you don't mind. You can stay in here."

"I don't think it would be a good idea for me to stay here," he says looking at me nervously.
"Don't be worried about this new personality. You need time to get to know your daughter," I say hoping that he will stay.
"I'll think about it," he says. I have a feeling that he just needs some space. I felt expressly bad for him. And I've been regretting my decisions ever since I found out he was here in Colorado. I sat in the living room just thinking what life would've been if I just stayed. Still reliving that moment when I made that decision to just leave.

Although I had no feelings towards Dennis right now I still had that calling to just be near him. Im only doing this for Ella only. Not for me. Not for Dennis.
She's the only person who I really care about. That's why I have to learn as much as I can about this new personality. If Dennis is afraid of it then that gives me a damn well reason to start preparing. For whatever is coming. But for now I'll just allow time to do its thing and watch what happens.

12.5k read wtf?!? Sorry for the shitty chapter. I needed a filler so I can connect what will happen next time!
This week has been so emotional ugh. but do y'all wanna see photos of my banquet tomorrow?  and also on Saturday for my last band concert 😭 ugh the feels! But tysm for the person who recommended me to do this for my book!
I appreciate al of your support and comments. They really make my day! Vote and follow me! Add this book to your library!

Love you all!
-llvevo