Chapter 4: Granny

Edward's POV

"Granny" I called out as we reached home. The surrounding is really beautiful here and the apartment too, everything is good except the weather...god it's too hot for my liking. It's been long since I last visited India.

"Ed my son" I heard my granny calling me and I turned around only to be embraced in a tight motherly hug as I hugged her back with a smile...oh now I realize how much I missed my dear granny.

"How are you doing granny...you are looking beautiful as usual" I said breaking the hug and looked at her there were few wrinkles on her face and her hair have almost turned grey.

"I missed you so much my son...I'm so happy to see you after so long" she replied with teary eyes kissing my forehead.

"I missed you too granny" I said.

"Save some kisses and hugs for me too granny" Mack spoke from behind smiling before walking towards us and hugging granny.

"Oh dear Mack you have changed so much, you are all grown up" granny said hugging him back.

"And you are grown too granny since I last saw you" Mack joked making granny laugh.

"Come on come in" granny said as we followed her in.

After having lunch we all were just sitting together and talking about random things when granny again brought up the topic in which I'm least interested and you can guess what topic it is...it's about my marriage.

God! I just don't get it what is it with parents and even relatives that all they can think about is getting their children married.

I mean what's the rush.

"Ed I want to see you happy with your own family, please settle down before I die" she said emotionally.

Oh not again with that emotional blackmail, first she emotional blackmailed me for coming here and now this. She always makes me agree this way but not this time sorry granny.

"Granny look try to understand I'm not ready for it yet I'm just 26 and..." I said only to be interrupted by her.

"That's what I'm saying you are 26 already next year you'll be turning 27" she tried to convince me.

"But..." I tried to speak

But again she cut me off saying "I'm not telling you to marry right now or with the girl I choose...you choose a nice girl for yourself and then marry her" then she continued looking at Mack "Mack you are his friend you can make him understand" saying this she left.

Mack looked at me and said "Dude just give it a try".

"What try its not some game it's about my whole life, I'll be tied down to a girl for my entire life...you won't understand my own granny is not understanding me then how can you do" I left the room too after saying this.

I sighed, I just wanted to be alone for some time to think properly of what I should do.

I kept looking at the ceiling as I was sitting on the couch leaning my head backwards thinking of what I should do, I don't like to disobey granny or make her upset and I do know that one day I have to get married...I have to have a family of my own I can't be alone for my entire life but I just don't think that I'm ready for this, that I'm ready to give up my bachelor life...my freedom.

God I'm just so tired thinking all this, I closed my eyes for a moment and a familiar beautiful face popped in my head giving me an unknown feeling of relief from all the stress. My lips twitched up into a smile on their own accord remembering her, she looked so cute like a little bunny caught in the headlights with her scared expression when I looked at her angrily. I can make out that she is Indian with her looks, accent and all.

I wish I could see her again.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't even realize when granny walked in and sat next to me caressing my hair.

"Ed if you don't want to marry then I'll not force you okay so don't stress yourself" she said calmly but there was a little hint of sadness in her voice and I don't like my granny sad for any reason.

"Granny I promise I'll think about this marriage thing when I return back right now I just have lots of things in my head" I replied smilingly as she smiled back listening that.

It's been two days since I came to India and met that girl but I didn't see her again like I wished. I sighed sadly...I know it's totally stupid to expect that I'll see her again when I'm just a total stranger to her whom she bumbed into on a fine morning and when I don't even know her name.

Tomorrow morning I'm leaving and I don't think I'll ever get to see her again my phone started going off snapping me out of my thoughts.

I received it once I saw that it's my secretary Brenda.

"S-Sir there's a problem" she said hesitantly fearing of my anger.

"What is it be quick I don't have all night" I said sternly.

"Sir there's some problem with your jet so you can't return by it tomorrow" she replied still in the same voice "But don't worry I have already booked flight tickets for you and your friend for tomorrow morning. Sir you have some important meetings the day after tomorrow so we can't wait for the jet to be fixed" she added quickly.

GREAT.

Just great I already have so many things to worry about and now these stupid flight problems.

Great.

"Sir I'll email you the flight details" I hanged up as she finished saying that without even replying.

My phone started going off again but it was Nora this time, no not again not when I'm already so annoyed I don't need her to annoy me even more.

I went to bed after rejecting her call and switching off my phone.

I woke up the next morning and took a shower quick before getting ready to leave "Bye granny I'll miss you" I said hugging her.

"I'll miss you too my dear and I wish that you'll find your love soon" she replied.

And once again that innocent beautiful face flashed in front of my eyes when granny's words sinked into my head and I smiled hugging her once again before leaving for airport.

Why did I see only her face when granny talked about finding love.

And why do I even keep thinking about her when I barely know her?

****

Edited ✔️

Hey guys,

Please vote, comment and share.

Until next time.

With lots of love.

Crystal :)