Chapter 42: Trust is the base of love

Ashima's POV

"Edward you are looking so cute in this photo" I said moving my eyes to him from the photo album in my hands as he glanced at me.

We were just spending some time together in his study and were enjoying each other's company but that was until he said that he had some important work and for that he had called Vihaan bhai here, so he needs to go through some papers but now it seems like he is in some serious and deep thoughts which made him forget his work. He has been quite for a while, I have no idea what he is thinking about.

I was just about to ask that what has made him so silent suddenly but stopped as there was a knock on the door.

"Come in" he said as Vihaan bhai walked in, surprisingly they have became good friends which I didn't expect considering how they both were giving eachother those angry looks at the restaurant, well the reason for those looks is still unknown to me but I'll ask about it to Edward later.

"Hey bhai (brother), Edward I should be going now" I said coming out of my thoughts and placing the photo albums on the desk in front of him, not wanting to be a part of their boring business meeting.

"Okay bye sweetheart" he replied winking at me as I gave him a glare before walking out. I have told him hundred times that not to call me all that in front of my brother. I just find it kind of embarrassing or maybe I'm too shy but I think I'll just get used to it soon because of course he won't listen to me and to be honest I don't want him to because I secretly love it when he calls me that.

I giggled to myself.

I took a cab to get home and as I was about to get in it I felt a hand on my wrist.

I turned around to see the source who stopped me only to see that it's Gary.

"Oh hey" I said awkwardly trying to get my hand out of his grip.

"Ashima I need to tell you something very important" he replied still holding my hand.

"First of all leave my hand and second I have some important work so we'll talk sometime later maybe" I said as he left my hand reluctantly, today he is looking at me a little differently I don't understand what that look is but whatever it is I'm not getting a good feeling about it.

I turned around quickly not wanting to stay under his gaze for more longer and was about to get in the cab when his next words stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Okay so I assume you don't want to know the killer of your friend and almost sister in law...Avaline" he said.

"What do you know" I asked really not knowing what else to say or do.

"Come to my place we have a lot to talk about and of course we can't talk in the middle of the road right" he replied and I asked the cab driver to leave as we walked to his car and drove off to his place.

Soon we reached his place, I don't know if I did right or wrong by coming here but when I heard that he knows who killed Ava I just couldn't stop myself because I want to know everything.

Wait wait but how on earth he knows about Ava, how does he knows that she was my friend because as much as I know I have just met him few times and I'm sure that I didn't tell him anything about my family or my friends, it's only Edward with whom I have shared everything.

On the mention of Edward his own words started roaming in my head, he did warn me from the start to stay away from Gary but at that time I didn't listen to him but now that I think of it I guess there must be some reason behind his warnings.

Oh shit I need to get out of here as soon as possible or atleast first I should inform Edward that I'm here, I know he'll panic and will be mad at me but I'll handle him later for now I'm just feeling that I should inform him.