Chapter 4

As I was walking over to the two boys I was getting a little nervous because I wasn't sure how this was going to go. Adam was the first one to notice I was walking over and when I looked into his eyes and gave him a smile; I took a deep breath and continued on my way.

"Hello."

I did a curtsy and a little nod and the two guys bowed and gave me a little nod back. I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest and I was sure that they could see my heart pounding.  Being around the two of them and not knowing how this would go was scaring me. 

"Lily you look beautiful." 

"Thank you Adam. You look handsome." 

"Lily would you care to dance?" 

He held out his hand for me to accept his offer if I wanted too. I was actually excited to have the offer and knew it would be fun to get on the dance floor even for one song. 

"Adam I would love to. Excuse us Philip."

 I set my hand in his and he led us out onto the dance floor.  We waited for the musicians to start playing the next song and that was when we began to dance. I did miss Elizabeth making her grand entrance but I was sure that everyone else was watching her and she probably didn't even notice me not being there in the crowd. It did take a few minutes for the next song to start but once it started I was able to move along as if I have always known how to dance like this. When Adam spun me around once I noticed Elizabeth was talking to her brother looking at me, I was trying not to think about it and to just be into the dance.  I continued on with the steps and before I knew it I was curtsying at the end of the song.

"Thank you Adam but I need to go get a drink now. I have to see where Elizabeth is." 

I moved off the dance floor and went in search of Elizabeth, I wanted to know what she was saying when I was out there dancing. I was sure it was in my best interest to just keeping the dancing with Adam to one song. It didn't take me long to find her, if you were able to see a crowd of guys around then it was most likely she was in the middle. I had to push my way through the crowd of guys to actually reach her. 

"Elizabeth there you are." 

"Lily I am glad you found me. Can we go some where to talk?" 

"Yes please lead the way."

"Goodbye gentlemen I will see you all later."

She started walking towards the entrance and they all moved to the side for her and allowed me to follow after her. She stopped before reaching the door way and turned to face me. I wondered if this was where we were going to talk, I didn't think it was quiet enough to have a conversation with each other but if this is where she wanted to have it. 

"Lily can you meet me in the library I need to go talk to my father for a minute." 

I just nodded I didn't want to argue with her and I tended to lose most arguments in the first place. I made my way through the castle to the library while walking I was trying to figure out what she needed to talk to me about in private. The walk to the library wasn't a long one because the ballroom was only a few doors down from where the library was. I walked through the library doors and decided to sit on the couch that was near the fireplace, you could feel the slight chill in the air and I didn't realize how cold it was in the castle until I got away from the ball. I wondered how long I was going to have to wait for Elizabeth to show up, I knew how bad she could get side tracked and if someone stopped her she would forget about what she wad doing in the first place. I did know I wasn't going to give her long before I left and went back to the ball, I wasn't going to spend my night waiting for her to come back to get me. The time limit I had was getting ready to expire when I heard the door open. From where I was sitting you couldn't see who was coming in but knew that it was most likely Elizabeth with her telling me to come here.