Chapter 5

The next day I woke up in my room and I knew I needed to start emerging myself in this life in order to find the way out. I found a light pink dress to wear and figured it would be a nice outfit to go to the gardens. I headed out into the kitchen where I found my mom busy making something at the stove and my father was sitting in his chair.

"Good morning darling."

"Good morning."

"What are you doing today?"

"Prince Philip asked me to meet him in the gardens today."

"That is wonderful news. I didn't know the prince and you had taken a liking to each other."

"I haven't but it does seem like Philip has had a change of heart since he left over a year ago."

I saw the smile on my mom's face even though she was looking down at the dough. She would be thrilled if everything worked out like they had hoped for years. This would also help my family with the court lifestyle. My father just coughed which brought my attention to him.

"Lily do not embarrass us. You must take the prince up on his offer. Many girls in this town would die to have an invite to be courted by the prince."

"I know father and I must be heading over there now."

I knew I still had some time to get ready before I really needed to leave but I didn't want to stay here and listen to my parents anymore. I put on my cloak and headed out the door. It wasn't a long walk to the castle and I did some thinking during that walk, I wasn't too sure if it was a good idea that because now many ideas and thoughts were floating around in my head. Once I reached the palace gates, the guards let me in without any problems. Inside the gates I made my way over to the garden.

"Lily!"

"Sorry I know I am early. I was trying to walk slow but I didn't want to stay at home and listen to my parents anyone about this situation."

"No don't apologize. You are welcomed here anytime you want and I know how much both our parents want this."

He smiled and I gave him a smile back. I know he was doing his best but I couldn't get over the feeling that he was going to trick me some how because this is how it has been for the last six years. I would think he had changed and then out of left field he would do some trick and we would be back to the beginning again.

"I am glad I caught you before you headed to the gardens because now we can walk together."

I nodded and he let me lead the way to the fountain. We made it to the garden and I hadn't said much during the walk; I didn't know what to say I was still sorting everything out in my head.

"Why did you bring me to the garden today?"

"I know you just found out about our parents coming up with the agreement and with me wanting to have the chance of marrying you and I should have told you before last night but that first night when I saw you with Adam I just froze and now Lily I am hoping you will give me the chance to show you how much I have changed. I would like you to move in here at the castle and join us here at court."

I was sure my eyes were out of my head and my mouth down to the ground. I was being asked to move into the castle to court the prince and now I  finally understood why my mom was so happy. She saw this as the way of letting the rest of the world know that the Prince was committing to someone that could be their future queen.

"Philip I would love the honor of moving into the castle."

He was smiling and I was glad I made him happy and didn't disappoint him. I knew what the rest of my day was going to consist of I was going to pack all of my belongings to be able to be moved into the castle by tomorrow. None of this felt like real life and I wanted to pinch myself to make my mind believe.