Faith (Piper)

A/N: Thanks for the prompts, guys! Please keep them coming on each new chapter so I can keep writing! And thank you so much for reading! 

PROMPT: FLUFF WITH MALE SOLE SURVIVOR AND PIPER WEEEE (falloutgirl421)

"What're you doing?" I heard Piper ask.

I sighed deeply, knowing very well that she wasn't going to be happy about this. I had made a brilliant decision the previous night to leave Sanctuary alone on a secret mission given to me by the Brotherhood Of Steel. It was a simple mission: eliminate a group of mirelurks that had holed up near a Brotherhood outpost not far south of Sanctuary. I thought it was something I could handle, and usually it would be. However there was a single second I was caught off guard, resulting in a very sharp pinch on my forearm. A pinch that felt like a pinch at first, but upon inspection underneath the river of blood flowing freely out of the wound, I discovered that it was in fact a large chunk of flesh that had been torn from my arm.

I was aware by now of the risks of any form of injury in the wasteland; I had seen people die from a simple cut, as infection was as big a risk as anything out there. This wound was also rather deep, and would require stitches.

So here I sat, the warm orange glow of the rising sun creeping over the horizon, attempting to stitch my arm up with absolutely zero experience in the medical field. That was, until Piper stirred in our bed and realized I was not in fact laying beside her where I should have been. I hadn't lifted my head from the wound yet, but I could feel her glare burning into the back of my skull.

"Uh.. Well.."

"You idiot!"

I was met with a sharp slap over my head, making me almost fall of the stone I was sitting upon. I turned at Piper, hissing in pain.

"What was that for? I'm already in enough pain!"

"You took that damn mission, didn't you, Blue?"

Good. She was calling me "Blue" - my nickname reserved only for me - which was a positive sign, yet her tone didn't hold any less venom. Next minute, I looked at her marching over with a purpose, an aggressive shine in her eye. Nothing much scared me out here, but Piper was scary.

I actually squeezed my eyes shut, expecting another slap, or a knife to the heart. But what happened was the exact opposite.

"Let me help you," she offered.

I blinked a few times, wondering if I was hearing correctly. But I must have been - Piper had taken my injured arm in her own and sat herself beside me, where she began stitching a much neater line than I could ever do, a slightly worried expression on her face as she did. I watched her hazel eyes as she focused, cleaning the wound when she finished stitching. She then looked up at me, and I nursed my now-bandaged arm.

"You need to be more careful, Blue.." Piper was barely audible as she spoke, but then pulled me into a tight hug, almost strangling me, "I can't be without you, you know that."

"I know.. I can't be without you either," I replied softly, a smile creeping over my face.

We sat in an embrace for a while, watching the sun rise, using our body heat to warm each other as we stared into the distance. Not a word was spoken, but occasionally she'd lean over and kiss me on the cheek, offering me a smile that made my heart almost melt if it were physically possible.

Without her, I was nothing. Piper is the one who helped me regain my faith in love once again, and she is the one who gives me strength. No matter what we'd ever go through, we stood beside each other.

Piper and Blue. Guess it did sound more like a jazz duo than a travelling outfit, but it'd do.

A/N: Hope this is good enough! Thanks for the prompt!