Lunch Date

The café

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alessandra's POV

I decided I wanted to come into work early so I got there at around 5am. Early, I know. Jake was going to drop Daxton off at school. I'm meant to meet Jake's boyfriend today at dinner and apparently his boyfriend wants me to meet his best friend. My mind drifts off to Xavier's behaviour from last night. Why the hell was he glaring at me? Like I had done something horrid;y wrong. I'll have to talk to Lizzy about this later.

After making about a billion copies of a file for the meeting at 8, I walk over to Lucy's desk. She's not here yet since it's really early but I really need the number of Oliver Horner's assistant to confirm today's meeting at 1pm. I sift through her desk looking for her contacts or address book. Finding absolutely nothing of that sort, I move to the front of her desk just as the elevator doors open. Revealing none other than Xavier Rodriguez. I try not to check him out in his navy blue suit. Perhaps he will know what the number is or where Lucy keeps her contacts.

I politely get him with a smile, "good morning Mr. Rodriguez," only for him to glare back at me. My eyebrows knit together in confusion. "Don't give me that look!!" He snaps at me making me jump at his sudden outburst. My confusion thickens as I ask, "did I do something wrong Mr. Rodriguez?" A thousand possible scenarios run through my head but none stick. As far as I know, I have done nothing to enrage him.

"You are a cheating little slut. You are selfish, greedy, you don't care about how your actions affect others. All you care about is yourself!!!" He yells at the top of his lungs, I take a staggering step back in surprise. He pushes past me, anger floods my body, my heart pounding against my chest. I spin around and grab his forearm and yank him back towards me, turning him around in the process. Without thinking I slap him with angry tears clouding my vision. "How dare you talk to me like that?!? I have done nothing wrong!!!" I scream, desperately trying to hold back tears. "Yea, keep believing that." He mumbles before walking into his office.

I power walk to the bathroom and lock myself in a cubicle. I slide down the door, my knees pressed tightly against my chest. Tears stream down my face, my hand covering my mouth to contain my sobs. A thousand memories rush into my head like a freight train.

Triggering

"Slut."

"Worthless." 

"Whore."

"Not good enough."

"Fat."

"Ugly."

"Good for nothing."

My skirt had risen leaving my thighs bare. My red manicured nails dig into my tan thighs. I drag my nails from an inch above my knee all the way up to my hip, the scratches getting deeper. I watch as blood beads up in a few places. Satisfied, I lean my head against the door. Tears still running down my face but I could no longer hear their voices.

Safe now

I stand up wiping away the blood with toilet paper. Wiping my eyes I leave the cubicle. I stare at my reflection. My brown wavy hair was in a side braid with a few loose tendrils framing my face. My eyes red from crying. Suck it up, stop being so pathetic and weak. I put on my coldest facade and glance down at my watch, 7.40am. My thighs sting as I make my way back to my office and throw on some make-up to make me look a wee bit better.

I walk towards Mr. Rodriguez' office to inform him of his meeting in 10 minutes. My face devoid of any emotion, my shoulder back, my back straight and my chin held high; I knock on his double doors. "Come in," his voice calls out. I quickly walk in and stand in the middle of the room, facing him as he stares at me in the eyes. "You have a meeting in conference room 106 in 10 minutes," I inform him without my voice faltering, cutting straight to the case. He gives me a  curt nod before looking back down at his paperwork. I quickly leave the room and head to my office to grab my notepad and pen to take notes before heading down to the conference room. I walk in with my head down, just before everyone else starts coming through the door. 

The minute, Mr. Rodriguez declared that the meeting was over, I bee-lined out that door and to the top floor to grab my handbag for lunch. I wait for approximately 10 minutes to ensure that he was in his office before heading out to meet Lizzy. I nod at the guard at the door who just nods back before crossing the road to the Little Blue Café. The aroma of coffee hits me face on, the laughter of the customers invades my ears, looking around you can see that everyone has a smile on their face. I look around to see Lizzy at a table that has one chair but across from it is a seat against a wall like a couch in a way. 

I slide into the chair where there is already a coffee and sandwich waiting for me. Smiling, I gesture to the small meal, "you didn't have to get me anything." She glares at me before her eyes narrow onto me. "What?" I question, she grabs my hand and looks at me worriedly. "You've been crying," she points out making me roll my eyes. "What the hell happened?? Who made you cry?? I swear to god, I'm gonna kick their ass," I cover her mouth to shut her up. "Your brother is a fucking asshole," I state removing my hand. "What the hell did he do now??" I smile, knowing Lizzy is super pissed. "Well..." I start and give her an overview of what happened. 

"And then I went to the meeting," I finish my story. She stands up abruptly, he fists clenched. "Come on," she grabs my hand and yanks me up. "But....My food...." I whine as she pulls me out of the café. "I'll get you some later," she shouts over the traffic all the while dragging me through it, nearly getting us killed just to get us into the darn office building. She furiously pushes the elevator button to the top floor. The doors finally close, her foot starts to tap impatiently making me feel anxious. "What...." My sentence is cut off with the doors opening and her pulling me out. She drags me towards his office, I plant my feet down, not wanting to go anywhere near him. She wipes around and gives me a death stare. I'd rather face the devil himself than a pissed off Lizzy so I continue walking behind her. She shoves open the doors shouting, "XAVIER ALEXANDER RODRIGUEZ!!!"