Drama

Alessandra's POV

"XAVIER ALEXANDER RODRIGUEZ," Lizzy screamed, catching the attention of everyone in the room. I stand timidly at the door as Lizzy strides over to his desk. "What the hell is wrong with you?!?" She screams, her fists tightly clenched. I fear she might puncture her palms with her nails and cause them to bleed. I also fear she might end up punching Mr. Rodriguez, that would not end well. "What on earth are you talking about?" He questions. No one takes notice of my presence within the room. "How dare you accuse Alessandra of such things?!? How dare you compare her to Alicia?" Uh who the fuck is Alicia? And what does she have to do with any of this? Suddenly he's on his feet, his hands slam down upon his desk. He's fuming in anger, his glare directed at Lizzy. "Don't you dare talk about her!!!" His anger evident, I swear this man only ever feels anger and nothing else.

"Yea, well you know what?!? You hurt my best friend. You have no idea of what she's been through!!! So don't you dare judge her character like that!!" Blinking, I start to back away from the room filled with anger and hate. I do not want to be a part of this, I do not want them fighting over me. Turning around, I hastily walk into my office shutting the door behind me. I take a seat on my chair and close my eyes, trying to make sense of what's happening around me. Xavier is pissed at me because of some stupid misunderstanding.  Jake is dating Alex, Xavier's best friend, and is no longer with Nicki. I just caused Lizzy to fight with her brother. My dad knows I'm back. My mom's getting a divorce. All that's fucking left is for Jason to show up and ruin my life and to make it even more complicated than it already is.

Why do I feel like I've just jinxed it???

Jeez, my life has quite a bit of drama and conflict.

I stay holed up in my office for the next hour. Lizzy had come in earlier with a BLT sandwich. No words were exchanged as she had simply placed the sandwich on my desk while giving me a sympathetic look before walking out. I had just spent the last forty minutes filing contracts and proof-reading them all the while, inserting the correct terminology when required. However my mind had constantly drifted back to the arguments and confrontations from the last couple of days.

Finally deciding that I can't focus, I pack my things up and head out. "Hey Lucy, I don't feel very well so I'm gonna head home. Call me if I'm needed," I inform her, she gives me a soft smile. "Okay, I hope you feel better soon," smiling I head home, exhausted.

Walking into my apartment, I fall onto the couch, not caring about my clothes gathering creases. Lazily, I switch on the TV and watch the first show that is on, Suits. I watch in amusement as Mike's briefcase spills open causing weed to tumble out of it right in front of Harvey Spector who could potentially hire him. Rolling my eyes, I stand up and walk towards my kitchen looking for something to eat as I listen to Mike answer Harvey's questions as if he's reciting the answers out of a textbook.

Noticing some left over spaghetti, I reach for it but pause. What if Dax wants some? But....I'm really darn hungry. I doubt he knew that it was there in the first place. Grinning, I grab the plate and a fork before digging in and binge watching Suits.

I try not to think about the events from the past few days, in fear of breaking down again and relapsing. A bad feeling settles at the pit of my stomach, food threatening to rise up. The apartment suddenly feels eerily quiet, the feeling of being watched snakes up my spine. Goosebumps erupt up all over my body, the hair on the back of my neck stiff and upright. I clutch my phone to my chest, ready to dial for help. I try focusing on the TV, trying to convince myself that I'm just being paranoid. I jump as a powerful knock sounds on my door, my throats suddenly feels dry, my heart thumping painfully against my chest. What if it's him?? What if he's back?? Dear God, please let me be wrong for once. I pray silently to myself as I gradually rise up off of my couch. I take my time reaching the door, suddenly wishing I had one of those peep hole things. Shakily, I grab the doorknob, unlocking the door quietly. Taking a huge deep breath, I swing open the door. Praying to god, that it's just Xavier. But boy am I wrong......