Scrape, Scrape

I hate geography. I hate it. Good thing I had my buddy Brent coming over to help me. My older sister Claira was upstairs doing what girls do. When Brent got to my house, we decided to go into the basement to work on our project. About 15 minutes in to us working, my older sister came down with our dog Addie, following close behind her. "Mind if I join you two?" she asked. I hate being upstairs alone". "Yeah, whatever" I replied. She sat down on the couch beside me and started reading her book.

Addie started to wimper. "What is it Addie?" I said in my baby voice to her. Come on, we all do it. She kept on whimpering and then thats when we heard it. A long scraping sound came from upstairs. "Do you hear that?" asked Claira. "Of course we hear it!" replied Brent. "Sounds like the dining room table" I stated. We all stood up and followed the sound. It was heading into the living room.

Then, it stopped. "Someone's in the house!" Claira cried and immedialtey broke down into tears. "Calm down!" I snapped. "Maybe we can make a run for it." said Brent. "I guess that would be the best possible thing to do" I replied. We tried to get Addie to go up the stairs first to look around, and if she started barking, someone or something was up there. We motioned for her to go upstairs but she didn't budge. Instead, she cowered in the corner, whimpering. "I guess we should just go" I said. "I DON'T WANNA DIE!" sobbed Claira.

We all eventually crept up the stairs and when we reached the top, I rested my hand on the door handle. Honestly, I did NOT want to see what was behind that door. "one, two, three!" i whispered. We all bolted out of the basement and ran for the front door. As we were running, I couldn't help it. I had to look. I looked over my shoulder as we passed the dining room. "Guys! Wait!" I yelped. Brent and Claira turned around and looked where I was pointing. They both gasped and were just as surprised as I was. The dining room table was sitting there, exactly where it was. The dust still collecting on it. Nothing was moved. Nothing.

Hope you guys enjoyed! Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for more!

~Olivia