Short Stories

Hey guys! Here are a few scary short stories that I wanted to share. Enjoy!

#1

I used to go up to my friends lake house every summer. It was great fun, we would go hiking, sit around the campfire and go swimming in the lake. One day last summer, we decided to go swimming in the lake so we ran in and splashed around and did the usual stuff.

We were passing a ball around and she hit it too far from reach so i had to walk aways to get it. As I was walking, i stepped on something squishy and it almost felt like cloth. I screamed and my friend asked me what was wrong. After I told her, she laughed and told me it was just seaweed or a lost beach towel. I agreed but still felt creeped out by it.

A couple days later, when I was back at home, I was sitting watching tv when I decided to put  on the news. I saw the weather, and the traffic as per usual, but then a picture of a young boy appeared and a large caption under it said "Young boy missing, last reported being seen near Chester Lake". "Hey, thats the lake my friends house was on! huh, small world." I thought to myself, and went back to doing teenager things.

One week later, I was sitting down to eat my dinner when my father asked us if we had heard about the missing boy. After we said no, he explained that they searched the lake that he was last seen by, and they found his dead body along with 3 others. At that moment I realized what I had stepped on.

#2

Me and my wife were about to sit down and enjoy our movie night, when the roar of the baby monitor interrupted us. Our 5 month old son had woken up. We could hear him laughing and giggling. Suddenly, he was silent.

After that, my wife decided to go check up on him, you know make sure he was okay. I heard her tiptoe down the hall and creak the door of the nursery open, but then silence. I strained my ear to listen and then jerked back as I heard my wife scream. I got up and tried to figure out what happened, and then I realized in horror that my son was at my parents house.

#3

When you are admitted to a hospital, they put a white wrist band with your name on your wrist, but there sre different coloured wristbands that symbolize different things. Red ones are put on dead people.

One surgeon was working a night shift at a school hospital. He had just finished an operation and was on his way to the basement. He entered the elevator and there was one other person there, a woman. He casually chatted with her as the elevator descended.

When the elevator door opened, a woman was about to enter but the doctor slammed the close button and punched the highest floor. Surprised, the woman in the elevator confronted the doctor and asked him why he was so rude and didn't let the other woman in.

"That was the woman I had just operated on. She died during the surgery. Didn't you see the red wristband she was wearing?!" The woman smiled and raised her wrist. "Like this one?".

#4

When I was younger, during the summer I would always sit in this chair in our backyard surrounded by trees. The branches and leaves always used to tickle my shoulders and my dad would say that the tree monster was out to get me, since the leaves would feel like hands. I used to laugh this off because it didn't bother me.

On my 7th birthday, my parents blindfolded me and guided me outside to show me my present. They put me in the chair and told me to wait a second. As i sat there i let the leaves tickle me and I laughed as I waited for my parents. My parents told me to count to three and on three I ripped the blindfold off and saw a new pool! I was so happy and excited.

I turned around and noticed something odd. The trees surrounding the chair had all been chopped down.