Happy Birthday!!

KATNISS POV

I wake up and hear rustling downstairs, must be Peeta as he isn't here beside me.

I walk down the stairs and the smell of cheese buns fills my nostrils and my mouth begins to fill with saliva.

When I enter the kitchen I see Peeta is putting another batch of them into the oven.

I smile and wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him softly.

"Morning, why are you making so many cheese buns?" I ask him with my arms still around his neck.

"For our picnic when we go to the lake."

I look up at him and smile the biggest smile, I nearly dislocated my jaw.

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! I love you so much Peeta." I say pulling him into a huge hug.

"I love you too." he says, laughing slightly.

I then pull away from the hug and kiss him passionately. The kiss then deepens, as I push harder onto his lips. Peeta then grazes his tongue along my bottom lip, asking to enter. Of course I accept. After a bit I break away knowing full well what would happen if this carries on.

+++++

I look through my wardrobe and pick out a black skater skirt and tuck in a floral top into it as it is warm outside and it's my birthday so I thought I'd make an effort.

I get changed, brush my teeth and braid my hair and walk out of the bathroom, and see Peeta sitting on the bed waiting for me.

"Ready to go?" I ask him.

He just sits there staring at me .

"Peeta?"

"Oh, sorry. What did you say?" he says, coming back to reality.

I giggle and say, "Are you ready to go?"

"Oh, yeah." He says standing up.

We walk through the victors village and towards the lake, hand in hand.

"Peeta, what were you looking at earlier before we left?" I ask him curiously.

"Oh, you just look so beautiful I couldn't help but stare." He says looking at me.

I blush and just look down at my shoes, I still can't take a compliment.

Peeta just laughs slightly.

When we reach the lake, It's still as beautiful as ever. I smile taking in its beauty.

It's around 12.30 so we decide to eat, after that we both lay under a willow tree, me with my head in his lap while he plays my hair.

At that moment the whole world is above me, it is just Peeta and I, nobody else. I forget about everything, just enjoying every second because I know it would last forever.

After an hour or so of this I remember I put on my bikini under my clothes and decide I want to go swimming like my father and I used to do, I want to share that with Peeta now too.

"Come on." I say standing up to a confused looking Peeta.

"We're going swimming!" I tell him taking of my clothes.

"Katniss, I haven't got my swimsuit." He says.

"Well your gonna have to go in in your boxers!" I smirk, pulling him up by his hand.

"Fine!" He says laughing and taking his clothes off.

I pull him over to the lake and push him in.