Tired

KATNISS POV

September 1st

I can't bring myself to get out of bed today. I'm just so tired. The babies were kicking me all night, I swear they never sleep. When I do finally find sleep I am woken up half an hour later by nightmares of Snow killing my children.

I'm curled up in a ball on the bed with the covers wrapped around me. I don't bother to move when I hear Peeta coming up the stairs.

"Kat?" Peeta says and comes to sit next to me on the bed. "Are you okay?"

I shake my head and lift up the covers, motioning for him to come into bed with me. He does and we lay there together, facing each other.

"What's wrong?" He questions and I tell him everything.

"I'm so tired, the nightmares have been so bad and the babies are kicking me all night. I have swollen ankles and my back is killing me." I say, because I have so fed up of being pregnant. "And my boobs are really sore."

He strokes my hair softly and smiles at the last part. "You should wake me in the night when you can't sleep. I don't mind, I want you to wake me."

I shake my head. "I'm so fed up, Peeta. I'm so fat and ugly, I don't even know why you stay with me."

"Katniss, you're beautiful, pregnant or not. You are the most beautiful person in the world and I am honestly the luckiest man alive. And I stay with you because I love you more than anything in the world." He says.

Of course I start crying because of my hormones, I have no control over my emotions whatsoever. I pull Peeta closer to me and cry into his chest and his arms wrap around me.

"I love you too." I tell him.

We stay like that for a while. "Come on, you need to eat something."

I nod and Peeta helps me get out of bed and down the stairs. Peeta has stopped going to the bakery now and stays home with me all day. I told his that it wasn't necessary but he insisted.

He makes my favourite, cheese buns, for breakfast. I sit at the table and Peeta sits opposite me. I eat five cheese buns so fast Peeta starts laughing. "What? I'm eating for four you know."

He smiles, "I know."

"What do you want to do today?" I ask him.

"We could just lay around if you want and watch a movie?" He suggests.

"Nothing has ever sounded more perfect!" I smile.

So that's what we do. Lay around on the couch in each others arms, kissing, cuddling.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Sorry it's quite short and a little cheesy, It's just a filler chapter. Next chapter will be up this week and will be full of drama! Thanks so much for reading, commenting, and voting. It means the world.

Twitter - @peetasbread7

-Megan x