Part 11

Poison's POV:

   "Did you have to take the last stab!? I thought we agreed on me getting to kill this one!" I know I sound annoying but it was my right to kill her.
    "I thought it seemed more dramatic. Plus, she was just squirming there. It was right for her to die right there! I promise you'll get the next one." He leaned in to me. I put my finger up to his throat to stop him kissing me. I raise an eyebrow and smile.
    "I mean it this time!" He bows down on one knee and holds my hand. "I promise!"
    "You better hope you keep that promise!" I smile and let him pull me into this kiss. A grin spreads across his face. I shove him and walk off a little farther down the alley until he catches up with me.
    "Where to now?" He smiled and plopped the motorcycle helmet down on my head.
    "It's a surprise." He sat down on the motorcycle seat and waited for me to sit down behind him.
    "A promise and a surprise. The two things you aren't good at." I stand with my hands on my hips.
    He turns around and hits the old leather seat.
    "Come on before I leave you!" I growled under the motorcycle helmet.
    "Sam, that isn't funny to me. It shouldn't be funny to you either." I sit down behind him and soon we are flying down the freeway.
I like these days way more than when we were walking through the woods for days on end not knowing where we were going. When it had just happened...
(A/N: Here comes part of that explanation. It will come in parts to add drama!)

*cue flashback*

Toby had picked the house, the house for my first time back out since I received the spike. It has been over a week and Slendy agrees that I need to get used to it. He senses that I'm afraid of killing. I know he meant to say that I needed to get used to this life faster.
E. J had also come along on the trip. He seemed very annoyed with the fact that he had to go. He only came because we promised him that he didn't have to come inside. He's been acting weird lately.
Back to the task at hand. I had to agree that it was the perfect setting for a kill. The house was in the middle of nowhere. No one around for miles.
Toby entered first and I followed close behind. The house was silent and any creak in the wood made me frightened that someone would hear us.
"I'll go scout this way and you can go that way." I moved away from Toby but then he grabbed my wrist.
"Are you sure that's a good idea?"
"Yes. I need to learn how to do this on my own. I know how to get away if I need to. It's a small house. I can just yell if I need help. You need to trust me that I can handle myself ." I dashed away before he could protest.
The house seemed bigger than it actually was as I walked mindlessly through it. I found myself on a staircase staring at a framed photo before I knew it. There was a young man and I pretty lady in the picture. They seemed so happy. So happy...
Then a jagged breath coming from behind me broke my thoughts. I whipped around and I was staring into the eyes of the lady in the photo. She was at least 10 years older than she was in the photo but she had the same eyes.
I noticed the knife coming towards my side a little too late. I gasped as the tiny blade pierced through my side. The woman was frozen in shock. I took this opportunity to stab the spike into her throat. She grasped at the wound and then collapsed. I followed her down to the floor. I pushed both of my hands down on the wound. I lay on my side and softly called for help.
Toby had heard the woman drop to the floor and came running. He found me on the floor still putting pressure on the wound.
"Oh god! Oh god! You're gonna be alright! I need to go get E.J! I'll be right back and we'll get you home!" He dashed away just as I lost consciousness.
I don't know what happened between the time I passed out and when I woke up. All I know is that I woke up being carried. I woke up bleeding a little less than I had been earlier. I woke up in a strangers arms and not the arms of a friend. I woke up staring up at a face covered in scars, stitches, and burns.

*End of flashback*

"Poison! Come on we're here." I stared up at Sam.
"I never said thank you for saving me that day. I never even showed you that I was thankful." For the first time since that night a year before I cried.