Ch1

I was thrown into the lockers and kicked in the gut. I try to move away or hit back to protect myself. My step sister remains to the side and just watched.
"Oh Come on you Serpent! I actually heard you can fight! This is just pathetic, I've been told you can fight but I can easily beat you around like a rag doll!"

I lay there on the tile floor. I felt my small pet snake on my arm move. He's a poisonous snake. I call him Prism. I can tell he's upset.
I push myself up and lean against the lockers.

"You made him upset." I say quietly.
Prism slithered out of my sleeve and onto the floor hissing.

"SNAAAAKE!"

Everyone screamed and started to run. Prism backed my attacker into the lockers.
He was a smaller snake and my friend.
"No please! I'm sorry! Don't kill me!"
He begged.
I whistled softly. Prism slithered back to me quickly and up my sleeve. I lean my head to the side and close my emerald eyes.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!" The principal yelled running over with other teachers. I felt my blonde bangs being lifted off my face.
"He's alright just unconscious."
I felt prism start slither behind my neck and hissed at the teacher.
He backed away from me. I lift up my head and Rub my fingers under Prism's chin.
"It's ok. No harm."
I told my little friend.
"That explains why they were screaming Snake."

"He was only protecting me. His very obedient and doesn't like seeing me in pain."

"We should call animal control."
A teacher said.
I stand up. "That's not necessary his mother will be mad at me."

"Mother?"
I nod.
"We're going home."
I say with a smile. I start walking with a bit of a limp.
'I don't like that kid Evan.' Prism said to me.

"I don't either but I have to go to school." I told him. I don't know why I can understand Snakes and animals. I just can. Prism is a copperhead snake. His body has a weird pattern and a copper colored scales.
When I was younger I had a problem with controlling my tongue. It would pop out of my mouth and move up and down like a snake. It always freaked the teacher out. My fang teeth are sharper then a normal tooth. So I try not to talk to much. I walk home with my bag over my shoulder.

"Hello there Beautiful. Got into a fight again?" I hear Miss Perch call to me. I nod. A yellow cobra sat on her chocolate skin around her neck. She has three pet snakes, well not pets but friends. They live in her garden. She's like my grandmother.
"You be careful. I heard unique children and adults are being taken from their homes." She had a bit of a southern accent.
I nod. I wave and speed walk home.
'Humans are being kidnap?'

"Yes. We have to be careful from now on."

I make it home and quietly go inside trying not to make a sound so my stepfather doesn't hear me.

"EVAN GET YOUR ASS IN HERE NOW!"

I give up and walk to the kitchen. My step father was glaring.
"Do you think this is funny? To bring your pet to school because you're lonely. Your Snake almost bit a boy!"

"He was beating me up-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" He throws a beer bottle at me.
I dodge it.
"Give me the snake."
I shake my head.
"GIVE MY THE DAMN REPTILES!"
I turn and run up to my room he chasing after me. I get to my room and slam the door shut and lock the door behind. I go to my bed and flop down. The banging and yelling through the door. It eventually stopped. I prop myself onto my elbows as Prism comes out of my shirt. I place him on the floor.
'That man of your mother's is up to no good again.' I turn my head to see a larger 10 foot Python coming onto my bed.
"Hi Misty." I say with a smile. Mom works very hard for money. Step dad does to. She's like my aunt. She was there when I was born. Prism is my age.
'What happened to you child?'