Chapter 1

“Harry, where are you taking me,” a giggling Louis asked while being pulled along blindfolded by his significant other. They had been walking for the past ten minutes and all Louis could work out was that they were surrounded by trees.

“Now if I told you that my dear Louis what would the surprise be,” it was Louis’ birthday today and Harry had told him he had something special planned. Only catch was, Harry decided that his ‘special something’ would have to be kept completely secret. The two had been dating for some time now, with both their parents being as accepting as possible. Not even Louis’ sisters poked fun at them. Okay, so that last part was a lie. They’re little sisters though, what else would you expect.

“Well then, fine,” Louis pouted and crossed his arms, although the sulking didn’t last long. Louis always seemed to have something up his sleeve, “but Harry, if it’s my birthday that means you have to carry me right?”

Louis shot Harry his 100% irresistible smile and the curly-haired boy sighed, he wasn’t even going to try to go compete against that mouth, “goodness Louis, what are you doing to me.”

Despite his words Harry knelt in front of Louis guiding him onto his back. Louis gleefully jumped on and wrapped his arms around Harry’s neck, digging his nose into his hair. Harry always had this weird way of having a natural alluring smell. Not that Louis was complaining, in fact he was down-right jealous.

Of course now wasn’t the time for thoughts of jealousy, Louis was just happy that Harry was doing something for his birthday. There would be no reason for it though; the two were always seen together, frequently referred to as, two peas in a pod. You’d think they’d want some time to themselves, but nope. All they really wanted was each other.

Louis felt himself being lowered onto the ground again, “are we finally here?”

Harry didn’t reply to Louis but instead took his blindfold off of his eyes. The place that Louis opened his eyes to was full of beautifully lit fireflies dancing around the sky; they were upon a rock looking out onto the lake.

Louis felt water welding up in his eyes, and he tried to hold it in, not wanting to look feminine in front of Harry. It was almost impossible to hold back his tears but he managed, that is, until a pair of familiar arms wrapped around his waist, “Beautiful, isn’t it boo bear.”

Normally, that name would have pissed him off to no end, but for right now it was incredibly satisfying to hear. Louis turned himself around in Harry’s chest letting thetears fall from his eyes, “I love you so much Harry.”

Harry’s hug tightened as he whispered back, “Wake up, fagget.”

Louis pulled back out of Harry’s arms, the tears turning into ones of sadness, “Umm… Sorry Harry what was that?”

“I said wake up you homo,” Harry’s yelled it this time and pushed him into the lake beside them.

Louis’s eyes snapped open reveling an angry boy who was holding an empty bucket. He looked around himself and realised he was drenched in water.

“J-James,” Louis stuttered jumping out of the bed, “I-I thought y-you were working today?”

Saying that appeared to make James even angrier then he originally was, “What, so you think that when I go out to work you can just sit around here like a lazy bitch?”

                “N-No James I just thought that-“

                James stepped up to Louis and slapped him across the face, causing his head to whip sideways, “we all know it’s time for you to shut the fuck up,” he said through clenched teeth.

                Louis whimpered and curled up on the bed trying to protect himself from his boyfriend.  Louis couldn’t even call him a boyfriend. Harry was a boyfriend, someone who was loving and caring. Someone who took you out on you birthday to show you what real love was. Someone who felt like a dream.

                Not someone like James who didn’t even remember your birthday although you’ve been ‘dating’ for over 3 years. A boyfriend wasn’t someone who came home drunk with a new toy every weekend and kicked you out onto the couch. No, James definitely wasn’t his boyfriend.  James was a nightmare.

                “I expect you to be downstairs cleaning by the time I’m done in the shower,” and with that James stomped out of the room slamming the door behind him.

                Louis crawled out of the bed and over to his dresser tripping over a lamp that had fallen down from last night.  He collected a sweater from the second drawer not bothering to put pants on considering he was already wearing pyjama bottoms.  Deep down Louis also knew that when James got out of the shower; the pants wouldn’t be on for very long anyway.  

                He slipped the sweater over his head and headed down stairs planning on starting with the dishes. The stairs always seemed longer in the morning, Louis didn’t know if it was because he was tired or if James put extras there just to make him suffer some more.

                Of course the reasonable one would be because he was tired, but Louis knew never to underestimate what James would do to make him suffer. It disgusted him actually, think of all the things James had done and all the things he could still do. 

                James was a nice boy, or at least he was in university. Or at least he was to girls he thought were hot. Louis honestly didn’t even remember how James and he came to be. Drunken night maybe? Friends set them up? If Louis actually cared he probably could remember, but he really didn’t.

Louis heard the water turn off from upstairs and the sound of stomping feet coming down the hallway. He lowered his head and put his hood up hoping that James would ignore him completely and just let him finish the dishes. Fat chance.

“Lou I’m sorry,” James’ wrapped his arms around Louis waist pulling him closer to his bare chest, “but I can think of one way to make it up to you.”

James grabbed Louis’ hand and brought it to his crotch putting it on his throbbing dick, Louis gasped and turned around welcomed with the sight of a completely naked James, “whoops, guess I forgot a towel.”

Louis squeezed his eyes shut and tried to back up into the sink some more, but obviously, it stopped him, “J-James I’m not really in the mood right now. Maybe later okay, please I just woke up.”

James smiled and Louis thought maybe, just maybe he would let him do his chores and leave. Why was he always wrong?

James grabbed Louis and pushed him up the stairs to the bedroom, “I think it’s cute that you think you get a say in this.”