Chapter 4

“What are you talking abo-,” Harry’s voice trailed off when he looked away from Liam and at the boy in front of him.

“L-Lou?”

Louis looked down at the floor, twiddling his thumbs, “whose Lou?”

“Louis Tomlinson, I know it’s you so don’t try and deny it.” Harry was leaning over the table strictly pointing a finger at his chest, “Don’t think for one second I wouldn’t recognize you.”

One of the bodyguards came up behind Harry pulling him down into his seat and looked at Louis, “Move along kid, they have other people to sign right now.”

“Sorry Harry,” Louis said grabbing Sidney’s hand, walking quickly through all the other fans. Surprising everyone Harry jumped up from his seat and ran towards the brunette.

“Louis wait!” He yelled, being grabbed by tons of screaming girls, “if you can grab me  so easily can you at least grab him as well?”

Being the incredibly wonderful fans that they were, grabbed Louis and dragged him over to Harry, “Lou, please just let me talk.”

Louis tried to run away, but Harry had grabbed him around the waist and pulled him into his chest, “If I have to talk to you like this I will.”

Louis sighed and relaxed into Harry’s chest, he wasn’t going to win this one. With all the screaming girls who wouldn’t let him escape and the fact that deep down  he knew he didn’t want to leave Harry’s welcoming chest. This is what scared him; he knew he was going to fall for Harry all over again just by looking into his eyes.

“So can you turn around so we can talk like normal human beings?”

Louis nodded slowly and turned around clenching his eyes shut. The girls around them all quieted down wanting to hear what Harry was going to say, but before he could a random girl yelled, “Louis? Louisa? Is anyone else picking up what’s going on here?”

Gasps were heard around the store when Paul Higgins came up behind Louis and grabbed the two boys and pulled them into a storage closet, “Quite causing commotion, solve your problems in here.”

Paul shut the closet and locked the door returning to the four other boys and screaming fans, which left Louis and Harry in a horribly awkward silence. Not knowing what to say Harry started singing along to the song, “You know I’ll be, your life, your voice, your reason to be my love, my heart, is breathing for this, moment in time, I’ll find the words to say, before you leave me today.”

Tears built up in Louis eyes. He jumped towards Harry wrapping his arms around his neck mumbling into his shoulder, “I don’t want to leave you today.”

Harry cautiously put his arms around Louis and brought him closer, “You don’t have to Lou.”

That was apparently the wrong thing to say, for the reaction he received was Louis quickly pulling back and bumping into a bucket of mops, “S-Sidney, I have to get Sidney.”

“Lou, it’s okay,” Harry pulled Louis back towards him, “I saw Paul taking her to see the boys again.”

“No, I told him I’d be back soon,” Louis was soon trembling into Harry, thinking of all the things James would do to him if he got home late, “Please Hazza, let me go home.”

“Who is this, ‘him’ you’re talking about?’ Harry started rubbing slow circles on his back trying to calm him down.

“My…” Louis didn’t know what to say; he knew what they were, or what he was to him, a toy. But, he couldn’t tell Harry that, he didn’t want Harry to know that he was unhappy without him, “boyfriend, my boyfriend.”

The curly haired boy looked at him skeptically then lifted up Louis bangs revealing his forehead, where a bruise was, “How did you get that?”

Louis knew exactly where he got it, he hadn’t gotten up early enough in the morning to make breakfast for James, and so James woke him up by smacking him with the handle of a broom. “I tripped this morning and fell on the coffee table.”

Harry looked down to his arms and saw a bruise on his elbow continuing down to his hand, “How about that one?”

James had grabbed him and pushed him down the stairs, “What can I say, I’m a klutz.”

“Bullshit,” Harry’s grip was tightening on Louis shoulders, “he hits you doesn’t he.”

Louis eyes widened and he looked down at his feet, “Don’t say such nonsense, James… Loves me.”

Harry let go of Louis shoulders and stepped back, “Take off your pants.”

“What!” Louis yelled, “I’m not taking off my pants.”

“Why not, if he doesn’t hit you you’ve got nothing to worry about right?” Harry crossed his arms with a smug look on his face, “Come one now, pants off.”

“Harry, even if James did hit me, which he doesn’t, that wouldn’t be what I was worried about while taking my pants off,” Louis crossed his arms as well throwing a glare at Harry.

‘’Give me on good reason why you shouldn’t take your pants off and I won’t make you.”

“Well first, there’s the fact that there’s at least 1000 girls just a doorframe away-,” Harry cut Louis off quickly.

“Doors locked.”

“It’s cold in here; taking off my pants might make me sick.”

“Even though it isn’t cold in here at all, if you really think it is, it’s not like I’m asking you to stay in here pant less for a week, I just want to check my suspicions.” Harry smirked leaning against the wall.

Louis was stuck, he really just didn’t want Harry to see all the bruises on his legs, even if he had to embarrass himself, “I am not wearing underwear.”

What he wasn’t expecting was the reaction, “Neither am I, besides it’s not like I haven’t seen it before.”

Louis stood there like a statue, completely still with his mouth open, “H-Harry!” He yelled.

“What? It’s not like anyone can hear me,” Harry stopped joking around when he saw Louis reach for the button of his pants.

His fingers were shaking vigorously as he undid the zipper and pulled his pants down to his ankles, of course Louis was lying when he said he wasn’t wearing any underpants. But Harry wasn’t going to call him out on it, he didn’t want to make fun of the boy when he saw the bruises and scratch marks that were highly visible on his legs.

“Oh Lou,” Harry once again brought him to his chest while Louis cried. Cried because Harry knew. Harry knew he wasn’t happy, Harry knew without him he was nothing, he knew that his life had turned out better.

He was expecting Harry to rub it in, laugh at him directly in his face, ‘Haha, can’t even make the right decisions on your own. You’re such a useless fuck, who knows why I considered dating you.’

But that didn’t happen, instead Louis could feel Harry’s tears dropping onto his head, he could hear the words Harry was whispering to him, words of comfort not taunt, “it’s okay Louis, I’ll help you through this, I love you Lou, I love you so much.”