chapter 6

“I don’t know any James people. Who are you?” At the sound of the name James, Harry saw Louis tense up.  Then he knew who it was, it didn’t take a rocket scientist to put two and two together.

“I’m sure Louis can give you a good explanation of who I am,” Harry heard James chuckle deeply on the other end, “besides I don’t think who I am, is all that important right now.”

Harry scowled and his grip tightened on the phone, “Listen here you sick bastard, I don’t know how you got my number but-,”

James cut Harry of with a laugh, “Oh, you wanna know how I got your number? Well why didn’t you just ask?”

Harry heard footsteps and a door open before someone spoke again, “H-Hello?”

Harry gasped when he heard the voice, “Oh Niall, are you hurt! I swear we’ll get you out there don’t worry!”

Niall started whimpering, “Harry I’m so scared I don’t know where I am, I need Zayn!”

“Niall I need you to tell -,”

The line went dead.

Louis looked over to Harry shell-shocked, no words were spoken but nothing was needed to be said. Harry knew what he had to do, and that was phone Liam. He seemed to always know what to do in difficult situations.

Harry picked up his phone once again and dialed in Liam’s number, it rang twice before someone picked up, “Harry, my goodness, thank god.  Zayn is flipping out; he’s locked himself in his room. I don’t know what to do Harry, I usually do but I just don’t.”

“Liam it’s okay, alright. I got a phone call from Niall’s captor and Niall is breathing.” Harry heard Liam take a breath out signalling he was calming himself down, “but I need you to tell me how James got our leprechaun.”

“Okay, well everything was going good; we had grabbed our jackets and packed up our stuff. Then Niall said he had to go to the bathroom. We told him no cause Paul had already left to take Sidney home and anything could happen, but he didn’t listen.  He told us what are the odds this one time someone will hurt him. Apparently the odds were quite high weren’t they Harry!”

Liam took a few more deep breathes before he continued, “if only I would have stopped him. If only I would have used my label as daddy direction. If only one of us went with him he would have been fine!”

Before Liam could rant some more Harry stopped him, “Liam, you don’t know that. For all you know, James could have chloroformed all of you and we’d have an even bigger problem. So don’t blame yourself accidents happen.”

Liam sighed, “Don’t you get it Harry, this isn’t just an accident. This isn’t just oops I spilt my juice on the table anymore. Niall is kidnapped Harry. Kidnapped. This is really serious, and we can’t treat it like a game.”

When Liam finished Harry’s phone started beeping, he looked at the screen which read, Private Caller, Harry sighed expecting it to be another one of those telemarketers, “Hold on Li, I got a call I’ll phone you back okay.”

“Sure Hazz, but don’t bother phoning back Zayn and I will just drive to your flat.” The phone clicked off and Harry switched lines, hearing the same gruff voice from 10 minutes ago, “So, sorry to bother you again, but I forgot to tell you that if you want Niall back you have to hand over Louis.”

Harry ignored James trying to be funny and growled, “you’re not getting back Louis, but I’m definitely not letting you keep Niall either. Just wait you fucker, we’re going to get you. And when we do you’re going to regret this.”

And with that Harry hung up.

Gripping the steering wheel tightly Harry looked over to Louis, who was blank faced, “Hey Lou, you okay?”

Louis scoffed, “just peachy.”

“Lou I can tell you’re blaming yourself for this, but you can’t. It’s the last thing I want you to do right now, if it’s anyone’s fault it’s mine.”  Harry’s grip loosened and he placed his hands in his lap watching the cars drive by.

“Harry, this situation doesn’t come back to you at all. How is it your fault?” Louis looked concerned and confused; he was worried for his… Best friend? Boyfriend? Well, he was worried for Harry.

“If I never would have… If I just didn’t... I never should have… It was really stupid of me to leave you Louis. I was selfish and only cared about my future when I should have added you into it. Cause in all reality Louis, my future was with you not One Direction, and yours sure as hell isn’t going to be with James.”

Louis didn’t say anything when Harry drove off the side of the side of the road and back onto the freeway; he didn’t say anything when they drove past the tall buildings and numerous people, he even quieted his breathing when they pulled into the driveway.

Harry was the first to speak again when they entered the flat, “Okay, so you don’t want to talk. That’s fine, but Liam and Zayn are coming over soon, do you want to rest upstairs?”

Louis nodded his head and followed Harry as he walked up the staircase; they walked into a big room with no windows or paintings. It was nice but incredibly plain, “There’s the bed over there,” Harry said, “if you need anything I’ll be downstairs with Zayn and Liam.”

Louis nodded again and began to undo his belt, Harry quickly left leaving him privacy, but as soon as the door closed Louis was doing up the belt once again. Harry had tried to convince him it wasn’t his fault, but a couple inspirational words aren’t going to stop the guilt that was eating away at him. 

He knew what he had to do, even if that meant putting his life in danger.  Niall was nothing but nice to him the whole time and he wasn’t going to let his one bad life choice affect the happiness of the cheerful Irish lad.

Louis had no clothes apart from the ones he was wearing at the moment so bringing or packing a bag wasn’t necessary.  Louis heard familiar voices from downstairs and labeled them as Zayn and Liam’s. He figured they were deep in thought so he slowly crept down the stairs and into another room that appeared to be a kitchen.

He saw a window above the sink that looked big enough to fit Louis’ butt, so he unlatched it and hopped out onto the perfectly mowed lawn.

A few hours later the boys still didn’t know what to do and Paul hadn’t answered his phone, they figured he was being held up at Sidney’s house so they thought nothing of it. When Harry walked into his room he was instantly startled by the missing boy in the bed. Instead of flipping out he calmly walked to the bathroom and noticed he wasn’t there.

Harry began to freak and ran down to one of the only windows in the house in the kitchen and saw it was open. In the back of Harry’s mind he knew Louis would do this but he just didn’t want to admit it, so with one last glance at the open window he ran back to Liam and Zayn to figure out where the fuck James was hiding.

Sorry for taking so long on the story, my computer was being a douchebag and wouldn’t open up my word so I couldn’t type because I know without spell check I’d be screwed. But thanks to all the people who commented and didn’t leave my story I really appreciate it. Lots of love, Larry <3