Honey

His eyes are like warm honey with bees buzzing around under the sun. They sparkle in the sunrays, glowing amber and gold.

His smile is sweet, refreshing, like a cool glass of lemonade on a hot summer day. It warms the soul, and awakens the world, or at least me, like the sunrise early Sunday mornings.

This is how he looks when he blushes.

His eyes are balls of fire, like two small suns. He is the embodiment of a sunset on the beach, staring out at the ocean, crystal clear.

They seem to hide something, when they look like they hide nothing. It's a closed book and I've always loved reading.

Or maybe I only see the good in people. What if his eyes are nothing but still pools of murky hazel or his smile crooked? What if I overrated the spot on his nose, or view him too highly?

When my butterflies stop raging, will I be disappointed to see a poor boy with hazel eyes, or will he be the sun prince I see him as now?

Why am I so whipped over someone I barely know?

I know when he's around even when he's far away. My world stops. Butterflies begin to take off. My breath seizes. It's just him.

How do I get over someone? Someone I'm not supposed to like?

I'll just wait out these butterflies. These feelings will leave...

Eventually.

***

And to think the person I wrote this poem about read it.