Chapter 11 - Wolfblood

TWO MONTHS LATER

Ever since EJ and I started dating, I've been so happy. It's only been two months, but I can tell that I'm already in love with him. Everyone in the mansion supports us, too. Even BEN and Jeff, although they always threaten him because they think that he'll hurt me. Every time they do I just laugh, and soon the room erupts with laughter. It's amazing to see everyone in such high spirits. And it's even better because I was the one who helped them achieve that level of happiness

* * * *

I sat on the couch, a book in my hands. I flipped through the pages, not fully understanding everything that my eyes glanced over, and I didn't care, because I was just reading to pass the time. Things were slow around here. Not much has happened, but it still had it's moments, such as BEN beating Jeff at a video game, and Jeff threatening to kill him. It always made me giggle.

EJ walked up to me and sat beside me, my toes touching the side of his skinny jeans. I looked and smiled at him, sitting up and scooting towards him. I leaned my head on his shoulder and grinned. "Hey, baby. I thought you forgot about me." I retorted, holding back a laugh when he gave me a weird look. "I could never." he calmly replied, which made me smile wider.

He took a hold of my hand and smiled at me. He was able to do so because he had taken off his mask. His razor-sharp teeth glimmered, and I suddenly started thinking about how I survived a make out session with him. "Do you want to go on a date with me? i know a good spot in the woods. It's almost as pretty as you, (Y/N)." he said. My face heated up at the last part and I gently shoved him. "Oh hush. I love dates, so of course." He smiled at me and I smiled back, the both of simultaneously getting up and packing a picnic.

A while later we were both sitting cross-legged on a blanket beside a beautiful river. We laughed as we exchanged jokes. Everything was going great. Until we decided to stay a few minutes longer.

I put down my soda bottle and smirked at EJ, his eyes resting on a bird that had landed beside us. I crawled over to him and straddled him, linking my arms behind his neck. "Thank you so much for taking me out. Is there any way I could...repay you?" He blushed hard and nodded. "Ju-Just a kiss will satisfy me..." he said quietly, too shy to look at me. I chuckled and sighed. "You have to actually look at me. I can't kiss you if your lips are facing away." He looked back at me immediately and I pecked his lips softly. He didn't like me teasing him, but it was fun to see him take charge. He pouted and wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing me deeply. I smiled into the kiss and returned it, and we were soon aggressively making out with each other.

Suddenly, we heard a rustle come from the left and we parted lips, looking towards the sound. "Who's there?" I said loudly, climbing off of EJ and pulling up my shirt's sleeve. EJ sat up and looked around. We stood up and looked around in the bushes. I climbed through two shrubs and my eyes widened. I tried to call out for EJ, but my voice was trapped in my throat. All I could do was tremble and stay still.

My eyes had landed upon a wolf, and his were locked on me.

It was huge, being about seven feet on it's hands and feet. It had grey fur with streaks of black and white, it's belly being a snow white colour. Foam came from the monster's mouth, it dripping to the ground with a loud HISS. The foam caused the ground to sizzle and disintegrate in a matter of seconds. Acid.

It snarled and bowed down, it's eyes flashing red. It charged at me, and in that moment, I had regained my voice. I screamed and ran, stumbling over my feet. I sprinted through the bushes and panted hard, calling out for EJ. I couldn't remember which way he was. I had gotten lost with a murderous wolf chasing me.