f o u r

☓ ☓ ☓ ☓ ☓

It was like an unspoken agreement, the two boys would meet at the coffee shop (now sitting at the same table) sometimes accompanied by Niall for a quick chat then they would head over to Harry's flat.

It happened like that everyday of the week. Watching movies, drinking tea, sharing their past and secrets. For the boys enjoying each others company in silence wasn't boring.

They knew everything there was to know about each other. The pair felt closer to each other than anyone. It was like they had been friends their whole lives and not just a week. They had a special bond and they both felt it the second they saw each other.

☓ ☓ ☓ ☓ ☓

Harry

There wasn't a way to describe how happy I am with this past week. Yeah that's right, happy. Euphoric even. I, Harry Edward Styles, have never been as happy in 3 years as much as I was this past week. And it was all because of Louis.

"What are you over there smiling about, Harry?" Louis laughed at the dopey grin that I felt plastered on my face. "Youuuuuu," I dragged out the word, grabbing his cheeks and pinching them. We were much more comfortable around each other and I felt myself easily bantering back with the sassy boy.

He swatted my hand away from his cheeks and pouted overdramatically, resembling a baby throwing a tantrum. "I'm not a child, you twat."

"Aw, but you're so cute Lou!"

"Am not."

"Yes"

"No"

"Yesss"

"Noooo"

"YES"

Then somehow my head that WAS resting on Louis' shoulder ended up on the ground. Louis spun me around so I was on my back and smirked before hitting me with the couch pillow playfully.

One hit.

That was all it took to send me spiraling into a flashback. To send me heading into a nightmare that I couldn't shake myself out of.

Louis' dazzling smirk turned into a concerned frown and not long after, his whole face disappeared instead replaced with my mum's familiar snarl.

It suddenly turned really cold causing me to hug my legs to my body and shiver uncontrollably. It seemed so real. It felt as if she was actually there, throwing anything she could grab. I was in a living hell. Stabs of pain shot up my body as I was reliving what had happened daily 3 years ago. Hot tears were streaming down my face and all that was heard was sobbing and her harsh screams.

"YOU WORTHLESS TRASH"

"YOU WERE A MISTAKE"

"ALL YOU DO IS CAUSE SADNESS"

"YOU DISGUST ME"

"HARRY DO US ALL A FAVOR!! LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK"

The screaming vanished and a calming quietness echoed through the flat. My sobs died down and I opened my eyes. Louis looked up at me, eyes wide and lips trembling. I gasped realizing it was ME who was screaming. I must look like a freak, ugh he's scared of me now. I ran to my room, my tears not little streams but a big mess all over my face.

I pulled at my curls and sat on my bed. It's all my mum's fault, if she acted like a mother towards me maybe I'd be normal and not suffering with depression. I shook my head.