13. Broken

Again, No editing, no rereading.

Thank you all for reading this guys!  I love all your comments.

I know it's really different from Intertwined and Knight in Shining Suit.  But you guys liking this too means a lot to me.  :D

=======

13.

Broken

Etymology: Middle English breken, from Old English brecan; akin to Old High German brehhan, meaning, to break

Over the week, Adrienne finalized the contract with ABW.  True to his word, Jin sent the signed contract to her within one hour of her sending it to him.

Jada was pleased.  She was even surprised that Adrienne managed to get the contract without a discount.

“I just offered a page feature, that’s all.” She said.

“Wow!  You must be charming!”  Jada said, and Adrienne didn’t know whether she meant it or she was just being sarcastic.

She told the news to Jill as well.

“How did he look like?”  Jill asked.  “I read in a blog that the heir of Starck Hoteliers is an absolute stunner!”

Adrienne narrowed her eyes at her best friend.  “What blog is this?”

Jill bit her lip and shyly admitted, “The one that… blogs about steaming hot, bachelors with… bright futures ahead of them.”

Adrienne raised a brow.  “You mean with huge bank accounts and unlimited credit card limits?”

Jill giggled.  “It isn’t bad to dream about one of those kinds once in a while, you know.”

She raised a brow at Jill.  “Is Justin Adams on that list?”

Jill grinned.  “Topnotcher!”  She said, going over to her desk and typing something on her keyboard.  Then she gasped.  After a while, a naughty grin spread across her face.  “Well, hello, competition!”