- 4 -

THIS CHAPTER IS BEING EDITED AND DOES NOT MATCH THE FLOW OF THE PAST CHAPTERS

Lugh gathered his court to the throne room the following day. The weather was milder, soft white clouds drifted above the Kingdom. He knew this was perfect weather to travel fast across the lands. He needed to decide and think of a decision fast.

"I believe your villagers would be safer away from here my Lord," Turighon spoke openly and many of the knights chorused an agreement. Lugh sat in his wooden throne, battered and faded from all former owners whom had sat before him.

Allyn the Sheriff stood near by a window, observing the people. "I agree." He turned around to face the Duke and knights.

"Chancellors?" The Duke looked at the three men. They looked back, waiting for somebody to speak first. The shorter one of the three moved forward a little.

"We agree as well. I believe we have a solution, Leonard your cousin lives at the border of Qurtha at Middledale with your extended family."

"Yes, I know of Middledale, but would it be safe?"

"Yes, my Lord, it is mutual land, it is not controlled by the King, it is bound by a peaceful treaty forever. No one would be allowed to make war on its soil," The chancellor spoke back.

"I hope that is the case. We will take the people to Middledale," Lugh replied, and then turned to Turighon. "Can you send a letter to My cousin, that my people are seeking refuge?"

"Yes, right away Sire." Turighon left the room. A kitchen maid stepped to the side of the throne, presenting Lugh with a bowl of grapes. He shook his head in refusal. The maid complied but she showed concern on her face. He had not eaten since yesterday.

The doors of the throne room opened abruptly and in stormed several knights, dressed in silver armour and green cloaks, on their chest plates was the emblem of a sword. The knights parted and in marched a big athletic man with broad shoulders and a tough expression on his face.

"I see you are sending your people to Leonard, I suppose that is sensible when you have no fighters among you. How many knights do you have? Three, right?"

Lugh scoffed back. "What I do with the people of my own Kingdom is my business Verne."

"I suppose that is true brother. But I have come with an offer for you." Verne walked over to his brother and stood before him, two great knights with long heavy spears followed him.

"Do tell," Lugh replied standing up from his chair to be face to face with his brother. He was much shorter than Verne and thinner.

"Join me. Bring your knights and let us fight," Verne spoke. Lugh's court began to murmur and talk among each other. Lugh looked around the room hushing them before facing his brother once more.

"I do not fight. I am not a fighter Verne. This is not my fight."

"Father would prefer you to help us. You know she will stop at nothing, no one will stand in her way, not even you, younger brother." Verne placed his hand of Lugh's shoulder. The Duke stared at it, he sensed it was not genuine and Verne didn't actually give a damn.

"I am assuming Father sent you. How is he?"

"Wishing you would come to say farewell," Verne replied, stepping away from his brother. "Your last chance because I won't beg. If you say no, I hold no remorse over what happens next."

"My answer Is no."

Verne turned around slowly on the spot noticing the throne room door had opened. Everything went silent. Everyone watched as Kora stepped silently into the room, startled to notice unfamiliar faces. Verne watched her like a hawk, his eyes following her around the room as she walked swiftly towards Lugh. She stopped and paused beside Vard who was standing beside the Throne.