Anticipation

After last night's drinking spree with old and new acquaintance just outside of Festival Mall in Alabang, Blair woke up with a bit of light-headedness. He could not quite open his eyes. Blair is the name he uses with strangers and people whom he does not expect to see for long. He thinks that, this name is uniquely safe and androgynous. Hmmm some sort of a drama queen eh.

He thought for a moment that he was dreaming. All he sees are phospenes as the sun occasionally hits the glass window of his small rented room in Makati city. It is a lazy Sunday afternoon, Blair feels like staying longer in bed doing practically nothing.That could be the effect of alcohol with too little hydration on his system

" Oh I just wasted my time thinking and staring at the wall. Now I feel guilty about that" he said as he slowly stretched his hands in a frenzied manner.

"I want to visit Rodney and Michael and see how they managed to report for work despite that long hours of drinking" he said to himself as he chuckles with an air of smugness. Blair works as a junior executive in one of the companies located in Mc Kinley Hill Taguig. Unlike his friends, he does not have to work on weekends. Needless to say that he always hosts these dinner, then drink-till-you-drop with alcohol cool-down towards the end then a post drink breakfast. Knowing him, this is just a fraction of his residual income and that makes him desirable by some guys earning a minimum wage. Michael is one of those guys. Michael and Blair had been drinking buds for almost two months now. They met inside the "Human" boutique in Glorietta mall Makati. Michael being the sales clerk and Blair the quiet but condescending customer. Michael is the reason why Blair went all the way from Makati city down to Alabang Festival Mall last night. Michael has been temporarily assigned to the said mall because their branch in Glorietta is undergoing renovation. Blair is not good with directions and is too scared exploring new places at night but he is willing to take the risk for Michael. Oh well, Michael is very captivating for Blair: He's got a nice pair of hazel peepers, patrician nose, smooth alabaster skin, nice and budding youthful body, weird hairsyle and color and a deriere with perfect firmness and just the right wobble for a man.

Despite the hang over, Blair decided that he will see Rodney and Michael today. He attempted to rise from his bed, but felt like the room is spinning and could not quite recall the events that took place last night... except for that new guy in sky blue shirt whom Michael tagged along. Perhaps Michael is aware that Blair likes him. Maybe, he is not comfortable about it so what better way to deal with it than to deflect the attention to another cute guy..hmm cute guy really huh?

Blair reached for his cellphone which is resting on top of his fluffy pillow and is anticipating a text message. But from whom? That is a question even Blair will not dare answer as of the moment. He quickly tapped the screen of his phone and typed his password which is now reduced to some five-digit stars on the phone display. He smiled upon seeing that happen and is expecting that today something exciting is going to happen. But, there is no new text message, not even a missed call. Blair is hopeful that maybe later someone will send him a text message; it does not have to be fancy. Just a simple "hi" will ease the pain of his aching head. Is he expecting Michael's text or someone new?

"Probably those guys are still sleeping or maybe are now at work tending customers. That would explain their apparent indifference". Blair said to himself while he slowly rise from his narrow bunk bed. He switched on the water heater for his coffee. There is nothing to eat, he does not know how to cook but is willing to learn. His laptop is on all night, he quickly checked on his Facebook and said " Too many selfie's.. these peeps just don't know when to stop". He is not even in the mood to visit megashare to watch "The walking dead" tv series but would consider "The Carrie Diaries". But what seems to catch his attention now is that new guy wearing a form-fitting blue shirt. All of a sudden, he is singing these lines from the song "Two is better than one"

I remember what you wore on the first day

You came into my life and I thought hey

You know, this could be something

He does not understand the feeling he draws when he plays these lines in his head because, obviously he likes Michael. With no clear sense of motive, he composed a simple text greeting and sent it to all his friends including that guy in blue.

What is the name of guy in blue you ask. It is MJ. How did Blair get his number you wonder... Shall we say out of necessity or maybe destiny hahaha. On his way to Alabang that night, Blair got lost while Michael is giving him directions via text message. Michael ran out of credits and used MJ's phone. That pretty much summarizes the story. Blair is too cautious not to make the first move for fear of being labeled as aggressive or overly-excited. But what the heck. Blair believes in the magic of the moment and living by the moment. As opposed to waiting for the right time, because there is no such thing. Blair is known to be spontaneous and intuitive, but now he feels awkward about making the first move.

The instant coffee he prepared is now turning cold and stale as he repeatedly reads the text message he received last night from MJ. The anticipation he feels inside is now becoming a craze that he could no longer contain it. What had caused this craze Blair? You barely know him . What will happen to your current crush? He swallowed his pride and sent a text to MJ who might now be also at work in Alabang Festival mall too far from Makati." Let us have lunch later ok?"

It is now approaching 3:00 in the afternoon. This is the usual break schedule that MJ follows; and his apparent silence makes Blair uncomfortable. "Does he agree to meet or not, why won't he say so?" Blair kept playing these questions inside his head and is feeling quite rejected now. That is how he simply is -- OVER-THINKING. Anticipation starts to fill Blair's gut and could not let pass this moment... so he sent a follow up text message. Few more hours went by still no reply from the guy in blue. Poor Blair...he is not aware that today is Sunday. hmmm