Torn

Sitted outside of Padi’s Point in South Station, Blaire patiently waited while listening to the song “Torn” version of Glee cast. He feels that it is right to listen to this song while waiting. Poor Blaire he is trying to make the waiting hurt even more by amplifying the pain with his chosen melodramatic song. sigh!

Waiting has been next to reading a long novel for Blaire. Could we blame him if he had mastered the act? oh well! He thoughts ran out of things to think about except the fact that he is now recalling how his previous flame had made him wait outside the Glorietta Mall in front of Ascott Hotel during the renovation of the “Human” store in that said mall. He suddenly remembered how cold the air got back then as the night faded into dawn and the conclusion of the waiting galore is : a no show. 

Blaire is not sure how long it will take to wait now although MJ has been constantly sending some text messages. To kill time, he wanted to order a bottle of San Miguel Superdry beer, but he is thinking what if MJ will arrive late so he will be drunk by then. Or he could look for a nearby resto to eat  but the night and the area looks quite unfriendly now and he is afraid to lose communication with MJ. So he just stayed observing some random bar hoppers go by and  took a few strides of walk to stretch his aching legs. In a brief moment he received one text message and he is hoping that this is not the nasty unknown texter. 

The text message he got at 10:07 PM reads “San ka?”. He felt a sudden rush of excitement up in his gut and would want to reply ASAP. He is standing in front of the 711 store where he first got tipsy and had loosen up in front of MJ. Yeah that is one great moment in his life worth taking risk. Too bad he might be on a deadspot and could not send his reply. But he thinks he already saw a familiar figure approaching. The guy is wearing a weathered grey t-shirt and a familiar uniform-looking charcoal denim pants. Looking from his peripheral vision, Blaire is sure that the man he’s been patiently waiting for has arrived. MJ is wearing that vintage grey shirt Blaire gave him from yesterday. Blaire silently observed how MJ carried that shirt well. His young fit body embraced the sheer cotton fabric quite well. The subdued maroon print in front perfectly matched the grey background. So much of that guilty pleasure Blaire. "Something looks and feels not right" Blaire murmured to himself as the guy got closer. MJ has arrived finally and the waiting felt like forever for Blaire. MJ’s face looked blank as if exhausted. Maybe he got tired walking on top of those lovely footbridges, maybe the bus terminal where he took his girlfriend is way to far a walk. Or maybe he has not taken his dinner yet. " Have you take your dinner yet" Blaire sheepishly asked. "No" said MJ quietly. Blaire’s poker face showed a hint of sadness this time and could not hide it for some reasons. "Where would you like to eat?" he asked. MJ could barely talk and simply looked around as if looking for a nearby place to eat. Blaire can read in between the lines and is now sure that MJ might not want to stay that long but he still tried. Blaire pointed at a nearby fastfood chain but MJ said that they are now closed. Hmm Blaire could really feel the hesitation now and to let go of the thought he casually said " 711". MJ does not like the food in there. Bam that is it Blaire. Tired boy wants to go home do not even push it. "yeah right food is nasty there" Blaire agreed blankly and they walked away.

All sorts of things now playing up inside Blaire’s head while they walk and walk those little sidewalks cramped with all sorts of peddlers. There is an occasional drizzle and the air felt humid. Every step they took felt heavier and with no purpose. Soon they reached the footbridge that will lead them to EDSA where the bus terminal going to Ayala is located. Blaire wants to take advantage of those few more steps before finally reaching the bus terminal and spend them making a beautiful memory with the person he secretly cares for. But hey, that is like a hundreds of steps away which is roughly like 5 minutes or less.