Textasy

On top of those footbridges, Blaire silently observes the night scene around. How lovely that building looks that bears the word “Crimson” on it, the small yellow striped tents of peddlers look like cute mushrooms under the gentle rain. There are busy people walking shall we say jaywalking. These are the moments Blaire took up in his head just make up for the lost date that he had prepared for earlier. Nothing happened and that is simply how it is. Maybe MJ is sensing the sadness and frustration this whole situation had caused Blaire. He momentarily checks on Blaire as they walk. For Blaire spending a brief walk with MJ on top of those footbridges is more than a cozy date. Blaire is not all too sad after all why? MJ went back for him despite the fact that he needs to accompany his girlfriend. No one knows why MJ is holding back this time, maybe his girlfriend demanded that they spend time together. Blaire is quietly satisfied thinking about these possibilities and he knows that somehow MJ is also taking risk by being with him now. It is not easy for a guy to do that. 

They reached the bus terminal in front of Alabang Starmall. This is the place where Blaire got lost on his first visit. Inside the bus while waiting for it to get filled, Blaire received a text message that reads

MJ :

" Blaire wag ka na gala h..ingat ka..wala ka bang globe para natatawagan kta."

What? this is the sweetest message that he had received so far. Blaire got teary-eyed and had a sudden ecstatic feeling building from his tummy up to his throat and would want to make “lunok” hahaha. He could not contain the joy he felt and replied quickly.

Blaire:

" I hate you wag ka nga ganyan naiiyak ako dito sa bus". 

MJ:

" Bakit naman anu gngwa ko..sory po."

Blaire:

" Hindi you are so sweet kase kaya ako naiiyak"

Blaire is serious about these tears of joy. Maybe MJ has his way with words and how he makes others feel better. Has he mastered that act despite his young age? Maybe that is natural to him and maybe that is how he was raised. These made Blaire like him even more because none of those he met before did this to him. Most of them do not seem to care.

MJ:

"Sensya na gusto sna kita samahan..wag ka malungkot..hehehehe

Blaire:

"Ok din lang yun I understand you have to catch up with you girlfriend."

MJ:

"Ok lang nu kba..lam mo be happy lagi„ msaya naman ako ksma ka eh..tska lam mo iba ka kasi..ok ka..kya dpat lagi ka msya.. tska minsan trymo magsalita, hehehe..”

Blaire:

"Hahaha, OK. Honestly I prepared a surprise for you. A dinner date in Greenbelt and I also have a small surprise that explains why I am dressed for the occasion"

MJ:

"Ngek..hala..pasensya na po ..salamat dn, sayang..next time po."

Blaire:

" I have a question"

MJ took a few minutes to reply and Blaire felt that he is being too straightforward and pushy now.He is preparing himself for whatever reply he will get.

MJ:

"Anu tanung mo."

 Blaire:

" Would you let me **** *** ** ***?"

MJ:

" Huh? what do you mean?"

Blaire:

" L*** ***** **** or **** **** ** ***"

MJ:

"Bka may makilala ka pa makalimutan mo na dn ako..pero ok lang atlis nakilala kita."

Blaire:

" Oo meron pa ako makikilala iba pero hindi ako ang nakakalimot ako an laging nilang kinakalimutan at pinapahintay like forever." Now answer the question just a simple YES or NO"

MJ

"Bsta wag ka nlang magbago un na un."

That was MJ’s last text reply and maybe he had fallen asleep. He needs to wake up early tomorrow for his office day in Pasig on a Sunday. He is required to be there at 6 AM. Despite that demand from his job, he managed to stay awake until 12:24PM replying to Blaire’s messages. On the other hand Blaire enjoyed every moment and feeling brought about by MJ’s poignant text replies. Imagine the dinner date did not happen but exchanging these text messages on their way home is worth more than a fancy date. The bus  travelling freely on the skyway at 12 midnight, the mp3 songs playing in Blaire’s ear plus the cold AC, perfect. No other dinner date could rival the textasy Blaire felt.

Blaire is now in Ayala Makati. He sent a text message inviting all his friends for a drink. He wants to drown himself for some reasons: One the date did not happen, two he feels a bit jealous, three: he wants to celebrate the fact that he did enjoy texting MJ.