5. Chet

It was about an hour and a half later, and Dana was sat next to a drunk Gary, who had a cigar hanging from his mouth. She was pretty sure the only people who were sober were her and Lisa, since Wyatt was definitely a little tipsy.

Gary took the cigar out of his mouth, turning to the guy next to him, "Man," he slurred, "Let me tell you my story, man. Last year, I was insane for this crazy little 8th grade bitch,"

"Crazy insane?"

"Crazy?"

"I went nuts for the woman, man," he continued, the cigar hanging from his mouth, "you gotta believe me, I'm telling the truth here, I'm speaking to ya,"

Dana chuckled, a grin plastered on her face.

"I mean, I was nuts for the girl, and what did it to me was these big titties she had," he explained, shuffling in his seat, "She was set and she was lookin good, son,"

"That's the truth, baby," Wyatt slurred, fiddling with the straw in his drink.

"And I called her every night for a month, right, and I'm talkin devotion, man,"

"Every damn night?" One of the guys asked.

"Every night Mitch, I ain't playin with you,"

"On the telephone?"

Gary frowned, "What's this boy talkin about, on the telephone? Man, what's this guy doin?"

Both Dana and Lisa looked at each other, rolling their eyes since they knew how the story ended, "But he hung up on her," Dana explained, leaning across Gary slightly to talk to the man next to him.

"Oh, you didn't hang up on her?"

"Now, you know what the bitch did to me?" Gary continued, "check this shit out, listen to what she did to me, she-"

"Kneed you in the nuts and called him a faggot in front of everybody," Lisa finished, sitting back in her seat.

"She did what?"

"Did she?"

"She kneed you in the nuts?"

Gary nodded, "The bitch kneed my nuts, man, I ain't playin with ya!"

"Worse pain there is," Wyatt added, shaking his head.

"She broke my heart in two!"

"Broke more than your heart," The man next to him chuckled, Gary nudged him, agreeing.

"You can forget that other one," the man in front of him spoke up, "Because you got this fine jewel right here," he said, pointing to Dana, who was sat quietly next to Gary.

She looked up at the man, "Oh no, we're not-"

"Ain't that the truth baby, that's the truth," he said, throwing his arm around her and placing a sloppy kiss on her cheek.

Her eyes widened and she looked to Lisa, who smugly smiled. Weirdly, she felt comfortable with his arm around her, safe even, she almost didn't want him to move.

But he did, he leaned forward, attempting to high five the guy in front of him, and fell over a table.

Wyatt downed his drink and slowly stood up, as Lisa announced, "Party's over,"

Dana stood and helped Gary up, but him being drunk, he almost fell on top of her. Luckily, they didn't fall over, but his arms were slung around her neck, his head resting on her shoulder.

"You look really good tonight," he slurred into her ear.

Her cheeks glowed red as she muttered, "You don't look too bad yourself,"