partners? partners. +

CREDS TO TUMBLR (alli) SLIGHT SMUT AHEAD (!!)

He sat in the hard chair and stared at his teacher to create the illusion that he was paying attention. In reality, he was off in his dream world. It's not like there was anything else to do in this class. He glanced at the people around him. He didn't talk to any of them. In fact, he'd be surprised if anyone even knew he existed. Whatever. He began thinking about his next art project. He had already sculpted the piece, but still needed to choose the color. Maybe it could be green. No, not green. Everyone was choosing green. How about purple? He scrunched his nose up at the thought. He didn't much like purple. Plus, it would blend too much with the black. Okay, okay. He'll choose red. But he always chose red.

"Harry." But red was such a nice color... "Harry." He looked up in surprise as he finally realized that his name was being called. Confusion came over him as he found Niall towering above him. "That is your name, right?" He ignored the question, feeling a bit offended, and scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion. Why was Niall Horan, the most popular boy in school, talking to him? "I'm just kidding, Harry. I know your name."

"But?" Harry finally spoke, feeling slightly giddy at the fact that Niall Horan knew his name.

"You haven't been paying attention at all, have you?" He chuckled a bit before twisting a chair around to face Harry and sitting down. "We have to pair up to write down all the definitions from that last chapter." Suddenly, he felt bad for Niall. He was being forced to be Harry's partner, surely. The class was even and some poor fellow always ended getting stuck with Harry.

"Oh." What may have made him feel worse was how awkward he was. He never knew what to say.

"But I've already got them." Overachiever. "You can just copy mine." Okay, maybe the fact that Niall was an overachiever wasn't so bad. He quickly copied his paper, with was rather easy thanks to Niall's wonderful handwriting, and shoved it back.

Niall scooted his chair closer to Harry's and pushed his legs apart so that one foot rested behind Harry's chair and the other rested between his feet. "So, we've got a bit of time to kill." He raised his eyebrows and smiled at Harry.

"Yeah, I suppose so." Harry began to sketch something. Honestly, he wasn't quite sure what he was doing, but it seemed to be turning out to be a dragon of some sort. He felt incredibly awkward because he could feel Niall staring at him. "Eh," Harry stopped drawing and looked up. Niall leaned forward and placed his hand on Harry's thigh. He tensed under the touch and let out a light cough. "What's this you're drawing?" He looked down at his drawing, trying to ignore Niall's hand. "Erm.. It's... It's a uhm... it's a dragon."

"Very nice. You're an incredible artist, Harry." Niall lightly squeezed his thigh and watched Harry's face with amusement. This made Harry nervous. Was Niall Horan, the most popular boy in school actually coming on to him?

"Uhm, thanks."

"No problem, Harry." Niall sat watching Harry as he drew. His hand remained on the younger boys thigh. "Alright class," the teacher called attention, and Niall reluctantly slid his hand from Harry's thigh. "Now, you are going to continue to work with your partners in order to make a presentation on a character of your choice from the book..." she continued with the details, but Harry could barely pay any attention due to the unnatural blond sitting next to him.

"So, I guess we should meet up after school. Are you going to be busy tonight?" Harry shook his head. Niall probably asked that out of courtesy. Harry doubted that the popular boy might actually think he was busy. "Alright then. Tonight, how would it be if we met at my place? I can come pick you up. And it will be just us, we'll have no one to bother us." Niall gave Harry a wide smile as he finished. Harry had difficulty swallowing, but nodded his head in agreement. "Okay. Give me your number. I'll call you later for directions. Be ready by six." Harry nodded again, he must have looked like a fool, and punched his number into Niall's phone. He handed it back just before the bell rand. Niall grabbed his bag from his original desk and turned to wink at Harry before leaving.