just might be enough. +

i really like this one.

CREDITS TO AO3.

Harry wakes with a start.

It's dawn and usually Harry gets up early, but not as early as this. There's rain pouring down outside, pattering loudly in a gentle pattern on the window, and he smiles. He can hear the faint ending of a rumble of thunder – what woke him – and he smiles. He loves a good excuse to stay in bed.

His long limbs are still tangled up in Niall, who's still fast asleep in his arms. Harry stretches, his legs sore from being curled up all night, and he smiles as Niall feels the shift and presses into him. Lazily, Harry leans up to pat a dry kiss on Niall's cheek; he's still asleep.

There's a flash of lightning, and Harry's arm wraps a little tighter around Niall's waist as he waits for the loud thunder to follow. It does, and Niall stirs, but he doesn't wake.

But now Harry's wide awake and he knows the storm's only meant to get worse, so he doesn't even try to go back to sleep. He blinks, long and slow, and breathes in the scent of sweaty, musky Niall. Harry smiles against his shoulder where he's resting his head for a moment. The thunder rumbles and Niall stirs again, this time by rolling his hips back against Harry's.

Harry grins and knows it's not long before Niall's awake, too.

Outside, the wind picks up and the large droplets of rain slam harder against the window. Harry can see the angry gray sky through the curtains and he loves the serenity of an early morning storm. He caresses his large hand over Niall's exposed hip; he loves the way Niall's pants fall so low on him when he sleeps. His own are sliding down his hips, and Harry's filled with the urge to shuck them off entirely.

Niall's starting to wake now, he can feel it. Niall isn't lying still in his arms anymore. Gently, Harry tips his head up to kiss Niall's shoulder blade, and then the back of his neck, and then below his ear, and then finally Niall groans and tries to look over his shoulder. "'s early, Haz," he mutters.

They've both got morning breath and of course it's early, but it's a dawn thunderstorm and Harry's not going to be able to get back to sleep now so they ought to make something of it, he figures. The rain thrums down harder and there's another flash of lightning, and Harry cants his front against Niall's bum with a lazy type of urgency he can only really accomplish when he's sleepy but can't fall back to sleep.

Niall laughs and rolls onto his back in Harry's arms. Harry's hand rests gently on his tummy now, still soothing soft circles into his skin with his thumb. His eyes are puffy but bright even in the dull light of the storm, and Harry smiles at him. Niall laughs in reply; he can't believe he's actually awake this early. "It's Saturday," he mutters, like that will make a difference.

Harry just smiles and dips his head down, his long hair brushing Niall's face as he bumps their noses together in an Eskimo kiss. He'd done that all the time before they were officially together, as a sort of question to Niall whether he could kiss him or not. Now it's done for fun, something cute he does when he wants to draw things out and take them slow. Niall's impatient though, so he tips his head up and takes a kiss from Harry.

It's dry and slow and they could both use a good brushing of their teeth but it's early and lazy morning sex doesn't come around very often, especially with a thunderstorm as backdrop. There's another rumble of thunder and Harry scoots closer to Niall, one of his legs draping over his boyfriends as the kiss grows deeper, tongues working lazily against each other.

Harry's half hard in his pants now, and he'd very much like to just be absolutely naked, but he takes his time. The thunder gets louder, incrementally closer together like the storm is bearing down on them, and Niall pauses the kiss for breath. He's not hard yet – he's barely awake – but Harry knows he can fix that.