The Train Ride

Blaire's POV

I woke up to a loud racket outside my pen. I lifted my head and saw the workers and trainers loading up all of the circus gear.

They were loading up the train. I saw my trainer stalking toward my pen, whip in hand.

I stood up, and walked to the gate. He pushed it open, and whipped my flank fur good measure, then grabbed my scruff and dragged me to the train.

I HATED the train. It smelled like sweat, and it was disgusting, with dirt and mud covering the animal pens.

He led me on, and shoved in a crate at the end of the lion's line. I looked to my right and saw Raze in the next crate.

I looked across from me and saw Asha being shoved into a pen. I looked over at Raze who had fresh scars on his flank.

"Rough training?" I asked.

"Yeah, my trainer pushed me and Blade to our limit." He said, then flopped down onto the floor of his cage.

He was lucky, his cage was mostly clean. Mine had a mound of dirt in one corner, and dried mud on the floor.

I looked at Asha, who seemed a lot better than yesterday. Asha was a young tigress, only around a year and a half old.

In the wild, she probably would have been destined pride leader as a lion, but being a tiger, she would just be a VERY formidable opponent.

She had long legs and a dark coat, and she was very fast and strong. Of course, the trainer didn't care.

They whipped her and weakened her, but she couldn't really understand what was going on

They whipped her and weakened her, but she couldn't really understand what was going on. She lay down with her head to the wall, looking small and frail.

"Poor Asha, look at her." Raze said.

"Yeah, they push her too hard fur her age." I said, then flopped down on the muddy floor and fell asleep.

When I  woke up, the train was zooming along, super fast. I peeked through a crack in the boards, and saw we were crossing over a bridge.

I sigh, and lean on the board through my cage. Suddenly, a loud crack sounds through the car, and the board I'm leaning against flies off the train car.

I leap backwards so hard, my cage clatter of the long shelf-table and falls onto its side on the ground. My shoulder jams hard into the ground, and a splitting pain shoots through my leg.

Where the board was is now a hole, 3 feet across and 5 feet in length. I stare at it in shock.

Raze asked me "Are you okay?"

"I may have bruised my shoulder, but I'll live." I say back.

Just then, my trainer and two others, one the nice female trainer, rush into the car.

My trainer kicks me hard in my bruised shoulder, and I let out an ear-splitting yowl of pain. The nice trainer yells at him, then bends down and opens my cage door.

I limp out, and she checks my shoulder, gently massaging it. She speaks to the other trainer, and he comes back with some bandages.

She wraps my shoulder, then helps me into a different cage, this one much cleaner, with fresh water. I lap gratefully at the water, then lay down as the trainers pass out water to the other lions.

I look at the hole and think, This is why I hate the train so much. I could have flown out over the bridge, never to be seen again.

But then at least, I would be free, even if it would only be fur a few seconds...

_______________________________________

Heyyyyyy! It's another chapter about horrible animal abuse, so please put a stop to it, I'm looking at you Del'cour circus, you filthy, unwanted~

I don't get riled up about people abusing animals I don't know what you're talking about...

Pic is Asha in a cage , older than I  liked cause Google is dumb, and doesn't know what a year and a half means.

('^')