ACT I, SCENE I | FOOL'S CHOICE

I hope you don't expectfairness from me

fairness from me. It isn't
one of my specialties.

- Leigh Bardugo

ACT I, SCENE I
[ FOOL'S CHOICE ]

THE SKIES WERE shadowing over the city, the noises spread everywhere and was all the same, along with the casual arguments, screaming and a racket taking place like it always has

But it was far more unpleasant at this specific day and Rebekah was determined to find the source. No one disturbs her morning this early, something or someone new must've disrupted in her city.

She was easily angered and perhaps it was a weakness beneath the fury covered façade she kept up. Her eyes may look soft and friendly but she was the nightmare you tried to avoid though you never could. She was hell in a body.

Walking towards the entrance of the city, a carriage was being strolled in before it halted, only for a man whose weight over exceeded his looks. He was grinning as he jumped off his ride, his large belly bouncing and crown nearly falling off his head.

His eyes scanned over the place, his eyes gleaming with glee and his lips opened to let out a laugh.

"Now this is the city made from legends!" He shouted with his fat arms raised and turned around with a chuckle out his mouth.

Rebekah was behind him with her long, sharp blade that can easily pierce anyone in a moment. Her eyes narrowed in disgust and her lips twisting to form a sneer.

The sharp end of the blade was placed at the side of the man's neck which he stilled at before attempting to turn around but failed to do so as he was too afraid of the woman wielding a weapon.

"Who are you?" The first question flies and silence filled the air instantly and not even a pinch of sound can be heard except of their breathing.

Gulping, the man slowly opened his mouth but gaped instead of answering. The result was mild, a simple slash to the arm before the blade returned to its previous position.