ACT I, SCENE VII | DEATH SACRIFICE

Suffering is cheap as clayand twice as common

and twice as common.
What matters is what
each man makes of it.

Leigh Bardugo

ACT I, SCENE VII
[ DEATH SACRIFICE ]

HIS RAGGED BREATH could almost be heard throughout the corridors, his breathing echoing through the walls as he ran as quickly as he could

HIS RAGGED BREATH could almost be heard throughout the corridors, his breathing echoing through the walls as he ran as quickly as he could. He had to escape, he just had to.

"Galvin," a voice whispered harshly, he thought he was about to killed right then and there but he jogged more, even when his heart thumped too fast, and his lungs were begging to breathe properly.

A message was supposed to be delivered through him, but how can he send it when a murderer was about to slaughter him? He shook his head and kept on looking ahead.

Pain. He felt pain on one of his shoulder blades, he pulled out the source of his aching shoulder; a dart. He bets it's poisoned, he chuckled grimly at his impending death.

Footsteps could be heard behind him, long strides it seemed, the man behind him wasn't in a hurry, in fact, it seems like he's enjoying their game of chase. How unfortunate for the victim.

"Ack!" He yelled in shock as he grasped his left leg, he attempted to rip a piece of fabric from his shirt to cover his wound and succeeded. He didn't bother to check the blood seeping in some parts of his attire, after all, what use would it be when he will die anyway?

Still, he ran, he was panting more than he ever did in his entire life. Almost there, he kept thinking whilst he began to feel lightheaded. Almost there.

"You will never make it," the cloaked figure whispered. "But, go ahead, try to run." It was a dare you shouldn't even consider doing, but his message was life and death.

Then, as if nowhere, a hand attempted to grab him, but luckily, he dodged it just in time to catch his breath and pushed his legs harder to run.