ACT I, SCENE V | QUEEN OF BLOOD

This was his soulmade flesh, the truthof him laid bare in theblazing sun, shorn ofmystery and shadow

This was his soul
made flesh, the truth
of him laid bare in the
blazing sun, shorn of
mystery and shadow.

- Leigh Bardugo

ACT I, SCENE V
[ QUEEN OF BLOOD ]

THE PALACE SEEMED dreary once most of the queen's guests had left, the queen was suspiciously taking quite a handful of men every few hours during her festivity, making Luther even more wary of her presence

THE PALACE SEEMED dreary once most of the queen's guests had left, the queen was suspiciously taking quite a handful of men every few hours during her festivity, making Luther even more wary of her presence. The walls seemed to echo the cruelty of a woman scorned by the name of Amara Heidrich, daggers laced with dried blood hanged on the walls, including beheaded ancestors were all bared to see by all guests, their heads high near the vast ceilings.

Luther had his eyes observing on the queen, taking note of how her black painted nails were trickling of red blood onto the cold, hard cemented ground. He pried more into her business as he strode towards the hallway the queen had accessed herself in, scarcely having the time to promptly concealing himself from sight when Amara had gandered her dark, menacing blue eyes behind her, incontestably dubious of his unpromulgated presence.

Amara, who had barely strayed away from Luther's sight, had surpassed through a dark passage through the walls. He followed her, vigilantly lightening his strides for they were only a few meters apart. He sauntered after her like a hunter would shadow its prey. Amara's eyes may be alike to a hawk: sharp and quick, but his movement were of a jaguar: swift and hasty.

They came to a halt, in front of them laid a metal door with blood on the handles, decorating them like paint.

"I know you are there behind me," Amara spoke before chuckling. He couldn't see her but he could envision her smirking. "Loyce Hiltro." She hissed his name like it was a catalyst venom. "Do not ponder, even for a second, that I hadn't known you were descrying behind me all this time, you foolish man."

Chuckling, Luther hadn't thought of a reason on why he shouldn't give up his easily perceiving presence, in all honestly, it was better than suffering a treacherous death from the queen herself. It was hurtful for his pride to offer himself like a meal to hungry wolves, but he'd rather kill himself than to accept defeat, luckily this was the former.